Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

In The Pink
Photo posted by Ian Cameron in the Landscape gallery on 09/02/18 at 4:57 pm EST
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments

Bergsbotn, Senja, Norway

The most difficult bit of this particular shot of a sumptuous pink sunrise over the reflective waters of Bergsbotn was actually making my way to the water's edge which required a 50m traverse on a boulder field concealed by half a metre of crusty snow. Once there I needed to combine two graduated filters to step down the brightness of sky to sea and sea to rock with a combination of hard and soft neutral density graduated filters. The result has an ethereal beauty which matches the vision I beheld at the start of another winter day in Senja.

Please view LARGE...

Pentax 67 II , 55-100 zoom, Fujichrome Velvia, 0.45ND Hard edge graduated filter in conjunction with a 0.6ND soft edge filter the first aligned with the water/sky horizon the second aligned with the water/foreshore, f/27 at 6 Seconds.

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 09/03/18 at 02:49 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Oh I like this very much. It's the juxtaposition of the dreaminess vs the reality. For me this is more than a pretty picture. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership