Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Talisker sands
Photo posted by Ian Cameron in the Landscape gallery on 08/23/18 at 06:19 am EST
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments

Talisker Bay, Skye, Scotland.

Talisker Sands can best be described as a grumpy beach.  It is very much in the vogue of the Icelandic shores, though granted, not as cold.  The black grit marbles white sand as it leaches from the rocky shore behind and is drawn by the tides into the sea and the bay is sheltered, if this can be considered the right word for such a blustery cove by substantial cliffs from which cascades a thin waterfall that spends most of its life inverted as the prevailing winds blow it straight back up the cliff face so that it plumes as spray off the top.

Fuji XT-1, 18-55mm lens, 0.45ND Hard Grad, 3 stop Firecrest ND filter, f/16 at 2 Seconds, ISO 200.

Please view LARGE..

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 08/23/18 at 12:59 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Lovely light here Ian.  Your image has very film like qualities.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 08/24/18 at 10:13 am EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments
Comment last edited by Nick Bristol on 08/24/18 at 10:16 am EST

Ian, This is absolutely wonderful. The light, reflections, colors and textures are all so nice and most of all I love the feel this image has. The large version is impressive to view and I could look at it for quite some time and enjoy it. Excellent use of the ND and Grad filters. Beautiful work and one of my favorites.
What I don't understand is 75 looks and only two comments on such wonderful work.

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 08/24/18 at 1:35 pm EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

This peaceful image belies the "blustery cove" description. It is so inviting with that light and sky and sense of purity. I like the way the beams from the cloud are echoed in the lines on the beach at the lower left.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Teller on 08/24/18 at 4:43 pm EST    
Registered on 08/23/10, 1162 Posts, 6692 Comments

Very nice foreground, the cliffs make a great leading line and the rays of the sun balance the image nicely. I like it. Also great color. 

Richard Teller
Scottsbluff, NE
teller-nature-photography.redframe.com

The mountains and the seashore scream at you, but the prairie whispers and you have to stop and listen.
Don't shoot what it looks like, shoot what it feels like. David Alan Harvey

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Teller Gallery of Richard Teller

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 08/26/18 at 10:31 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

Another beauty, Ian.  All that's missing is a unicorn and fair maiden.  Really well done.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Anil Rao on 08/28/18 at 3:17 pm EST    
Registered on 11/15/03, 234 Posts, 4923 Comments
Comment last edited by Anil Rao on 08/28/18 at 3:17 pm EST

The light really makes this image in my opinion. The composition is lovely no doubt, but the way the light brings life to both the sky and the land is fantastic. 

I love these desolate beaches that you photograph Ian. Makes me want to head over to Scotland right away to see them in person. Perhaps one day in the not too distant future...

Anil Rao

Santa Clara, California

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Anil Rao Gallery of Anil Rao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership