Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

I was Once a Queen
Photo posted by Igor Doncov in the POP Photos gallery on 08/19/18 at 04:18 am EST
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments
Post last edited by David Kingham on 08/26/18 at 4:52 pm EST

I came across this wreck in an active ghost town, Austin Nevada. She clearly had been a looker at one time but was now past her glory. Yet her sleek lines still showed her former majesty. Even her current home couldn't hide that. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paula LeVay on 08/19/18 at 1:42 pm EST    
Registered on 07/29/16, 66 Posts, 270 Comments

Igor, this is so different from your recent posts, but is equally compelling and insightful.  Love the commentary!   Your point of view  captures perfectly the long forgotten grandeur of the automobile along with the sense of abandonment with the derelict house in the background.  Way-cool!

Paula Levay
Beach City, Texas
http://www.storiedpixels.com

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paula LeVay Gallery of Paula LeVay

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Reno DiTullio on 08/20/18 at 2:52 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 130 Posts, 1644 Comments

I really like these types of images, with all the discarded "old" stuff strewn around in a chaotic mess...however, the fg car is certainly the center of attraction here; no matter where I look, my eye returns to the car,well done.

Reno - Salinas, CA

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Reno DiTullio Gallery of Reno DiTullio

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 08/20/18 at 7:06 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments
Comment last edited by Igor Doncov on 08/20/18 at 7:10 pm EST

Yes, I tried to retain the feel of clutter of a junk yard and yet keep the composition from being too chaotic.

I tried to put a white frame around this one but it made things worse. Then I tried different shades of gray. All failed. The strange thing is that I can't understand why. All in all the best results come by looking at the large version activated by the arrow under the image.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership