Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Killdeer
Photo posted by David Schoen in the Avian gallery on 08/14/18 at 2:01 pm EST
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments
Post last edited by David Schoen on 08/14/18 at 2:03 pm EST

Something different.  Not a bird on a stick.  We appear to have had a family of seven Killdeer visit us this morning before 9 AM.  Very hazy due to numerous forest and brushfires in the area.  In fact air quality is considered unhealthy today through tomorrow.

Iso-250, 200-500 mm at 500 mm, F6 .3, 1250th, handheld, D 500, 50% of full frame, Adobe camera raw 10.3, Topaz adjust, TK sharpening action that 40%

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by S Govindarajan on 08/14/18 at 2:35 pm EST    
Registered on 04/19/08, 115 Posts, 1921 Comments

I really like the color tones in this image, David. You got an excellent POV and the oof dandelion on the left enhances this image. My only small nit is the killdeer is looking a little away, but that's not entirely in your control. The larger version is fabulous.

--Govind
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Know that The Supreme Soul's gradeur shines through millions of birds, animals, trees and mountains, the mortal and immortal, good and bad, and through the pious Tyagaraja and others" - Saint Tyagaraja (1767-1847)

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by S Govindarajan Gallery of S Govindarajan

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Allen Brooks on 08/14/18 at 4:05 pm EST    
Registered on 07/27/11, 262 Posts, 2597 Comments

One of the nicer Killdeer photos I've seen.  Nice pose and a good complementary background.

Allen Brooks
Oregon

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Allen Brooks Gallery of Allen Brooks

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 08/15/18 at 12:08 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

Great low angle, David, and excellent detail in the Killdeer.  We've had some hanging out at the corner lot at the end of the street, but they haven't been at all cooperative thus far. 

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Shirley Freeman on 08/15/18 at 1:23 pm EST    
Registered on 05/27/17, 77 Posts, 844 Comments

Great handheld shot, David.  The details and color are just perfect.  I like the low profile, with narrow DOF.  Very pleasing imgae. 

Shirley Freeman
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
www.freemansphotos.com

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Shirley Freeman Gallery of Shirley Freeman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership