Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Martha White
Photo posted by Ed Lowe in the Man & Nature gallery on 08/12/18 at 5:30 pm EST
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Nikon D 800
Nikon 80-200 @ 160 mm
f 11 @ 1/100 sec.
ISO 800
tripod & cable release

I almost hate to post this one next to my brother's version, but you can't change the weather conditions you are dealt. This was taken the night before Mike's sunrise image.The pastels were nice, but I was hoping for some explosion of color until all the clouds disappeared about an hour before sunset. I guess that is what keeps us coming back. sad

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 08/13/18 at 10:11 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

It's always fun to compare how two photographers treat the same subject, Ed.  This too is a gently peaceful view albeit with much reduced drama but with a better look at the boat.  For me, the change in lighting gives each image a distinctive emphasis, with this view being more about the boat and wouldn't it be nice to be on it, while Mike's view is about the scene and sitting on the shore enjoying the sunrise.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 08/14/18 at 10:30 am EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

No reason to doubt the quality of this fine image, Ed. I love the subtle coloring and I think the lighting is exquisite. The only difference between this and mine is blind luck. The passing boat just happened to create the great water patterns in the FG. FYI, the horizon has a small CCW tilt.devil

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 08/14/18 at 2:48 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

I agree with Mark on this one.  Very nice to see how both of you approached the subject matter.  Each image has its own wonderful qualities with excellent composition, color, and individually different moods from each of the photos.  You guys should do this more often.

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership