Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Anna's Green
Photo posted by David Schoen in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 08/12/18 at 12:30 pm EST
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

While "Green" may have been the first WC, we recently had a similar WC  in April 2018...  So I posted a similar HB.

iso 400, 600mm, f8, 800th, D500, fill flash at -1, Adobe Camera Raw 10.3, Topaz Adjust, TK sharpening action at 30%

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 08/13/18 at 09:53 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

David, this is a fine look at this hummer, with a nice eye highlight from the head turn and the fill flash.  The larger version show some fine glow in the gorget.  The bit of green growth looks good as well.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 08/13/18 at 10:12 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments
Comment last edited by Igor Doncov on 08/13/18 at 10:16 am EST

The out of focus background makes the hummingbird stand out nicely. The larger image shows the quality of the lens with all of the fine detail in those small feathers. I might consider a crop to remove the leaves and make this a vertical. I was told to not have your subject near edge of frame facing out of the picture. I don't know how sound that advice is but I tend to follow it usually.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Doug Koepsel on 08/15/18 at 1:53 pm EST    
Registered on 04/01/10, 196 Posts, 1592 Comments

NIce detail and isolation from the background. I like how the hummer appears to be looking back at the viewer.

Doug Koepsel
Flagstaff, AZ
Plateau Light Photography
https://www.facebook.com/doug.koepsel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Doug Koepsel Gallery of Doug Koepsel

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership