Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Shutters
Photo posted by Igor Doncov in the POP Photos gallery on 08/10/18 at 6:28 pm EST
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

This was recently taken in the 'living ghost town' Austin, Nevada. This town now has a population of 145 living in buildings that once held 10,000 people. As I walked about town I was never certain whether I was shooting an occupied home or an abandoned building. I'm pretty sure this one was abandoned, though. The green shutters caught my eye. Then I decided to include the tree in front.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Zablotny on 08/11/18 at 08:31 am EST    
Registered on 01/17/04, 705 Posts, 3594 Comments

Hi Igor,

Overall the composition is intriguing with lots of texture.  The shutters provide us with a broken view into the darkened interior of the home.  Have you tried cropping more from the right to see how this would look without the lamp on the RH side? The lamp pulls my eye away from the shutters. Well done.........................Jim

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Zablotny Gallery of Jim Zablotny

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 08/11/18 at 11:02 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

I am really enjoying this one, Igor. It is an unexpected combo of elements and colors that somehow come together well. No suggestions here, nicely seen and executed. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Hansen on 08/13/18 at 2:40 pm EST    
Registered on 05/05/11, 161 Posts, 908 Comments

Wonderful composition Igor!

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Hansen Gallery of Jim Hansen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Reno DiTullio on 08/20/18 at 2:46 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 130 Posts, 1644 Comments

Lots to photograph in Austin.  I like this comp with the different elements working together to complete the image, well done.

Reno - Salinas, CA

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Reno DiTullio Gallery of Reno DiTullio

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 08/20/18 at 6:53 pm EST    
Comment last edited by Igor Doncov on 08/20/18 at 7:01 pm EST

Lots to photograph in Austin

Isn't that a great spot? I drove there just to escape the California smoke. I wish I had the strength to handle the D810 and tripod when I was there.

PS It's a great place to buy gemstones cheaply.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 08/20/18 at 7:00 pm EST    

The lamp pulls my eye away from the shutters

That was the intention, Jim.

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership