Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Flower Box + repost
Photo posted by Ed Lowe in the Photo Art gallery on 07/10/18 at 2:17 pm EST
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments
Post last edited by Ed Lowe on 07/14/18 at 11:12 am EST

Nikon D 700
Nikon 28-70 @ 55 mm
f 16 @ 1/5 sec.
ISO 400
cable release & tripod
MLU
Sommesville, ME

I had stopped to photograph the white bridge; but I really wanted something different; as everyone always takes a photograph of that bridge. While scouting around I noticed the flower box along with the trees reflected in the window glass. Here is what I came away with after applying the oil paint filter in PS.

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by SandyRichardsBrown on 07/10/18 at 3:56 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/03, 3937 Posts, 12909 Comments

Love this - the textures bring it to life. 
Vibrant colours and beautifully-framed flowers.

I'd like to see a version without the bottoms of the vines cut off, and I might suggest cloning out the dark lines on both middle sides, as well as that minorly-distracting line in the white bricks in the lower middle left - just to tidy things up a bit.

This is really sweet!!
Sandy

Sandy Richards-Brown, NPN #0367
Brookings, Oregon (summer/fall) and Sedona, Arizona (winter/spring)   
PNW and RMNP  Regional Member 
NATURE'S MAJESTY IMAGING
http://naturesmajestyimaging.zenfolio.com/

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
Each little flower that opens, Each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings."

- Ce­cil F. Al­ex­an­der, Hymns for Lit­tle Child­ren, 1848, Ireland

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by SandyRichardsBrown Gallery of SandyRichardsBrown

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 07/14/18 at 11:11 am EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Thanks for your thoughts, Sandy. Here is a repost with your suggestions. Unfortunately I do not have a vertical version. I tried that but for some reason it did not work for me.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 07/16/18 at 10:10 am EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

This came out beautiful, Ed. The filter gives a nice weathered look to the wood . Great eye to see this. I tried a vertical the last time and it didn't work as you say. A small nit- I would crop just a tad off the left shutter to balance out.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Allen Brooks on 07/16/18 at 7:39 pm EST    
Registered on 07/27/11, 262 Posts, 2597 Comments

I like this.  Nicely seen a photographed.  My favorite part is probably the reflected trees.

Allen Brooks
Oregon

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Allen Brooks Gallery of Allen Brooks

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by SandyRichardsBrown on 07/22/18 at 01:24 am EST    
Registered on 11/24/03, 3937 Posts, 12909 Comments

Ed - the second version is even better, and I agree about evening out the shutters.
Just beautiful!
sandy

Sandy Richards-Brown, NPN #0367
Brookings, Oregon (summer/fall) and Sedona, Arizona (winter/spring)   
PNW and RMNP  Regional Member 
NATURE'S MAJESTY IMAGING
http://naturesmajestyimaging.zenfolio.com/

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
Each little flower that opens, Each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings."

- Ce­cil F. Al­ex­an­der, Hymns for Lit­tle Child­ren, 1848, Ireland

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by SandyRichardsBrown Gallery of SandyRichardsBrown

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership