Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Cobble Beach
Photo posted by Ed Lowe in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 07/10/18 at 12:58 pm EST
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Nikon D 700
Nikon 17-35 @ 20 mm
f 22 @ 4 sec.
ISO 200
tripod & cable release
Acadia NP, ME

An intimate landscape of a little section of the rocks that make up Cobble Beach. The rocks themselves are very fascinating with their varied shapes, sizes and colors. A unique feature of the area is the sound that the cobbles make as they move around with the tide.

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 07/10/18 at 1:19 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Thanks for sharing your thought about the sounds of these rocks. It's a cobbling sound that's actually pretty soothing. Love the highlighted edges of these stones, particularly the ones in the water. The slow shutter speed provided a sense of them rising out of the mist which works real well here. The proportion of land and sea is really well balanced without giving neither one dominance. I personally like the overall blue cast.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 07/11/18 at 09:43 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

A nicely mysterious look at these cobbles, Ed.  The angled and misty ocean edge works very well.  While it might reduce the sense of mystery, I wonder how a gentle brightening would look.  The sound of the cobbles rolling/rattling as the waves break is very memorable.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paul Breitkreuz on 07/11/18 at 3:56 pm EST    
Registered on 02/25/06, 525 Posts, 8448 Comments

Ed, this is wonderful. I've been on the run for a couple days and finally got a chance to check this out on my full size monitor. I'm a bit envious of folks who have access to areas that have abundant open water sites both freshwater and saltwater.

The assortment of rocks in colors, shapes and overall various sizes makes a neat bed for this scene. Of course the angle of view and the wispy or misty water action works perfectly too. Another very nice Acadia take.

Paul Breitkreuz
Corona, California
Trailimages.com
NPN 2326

"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paul Breitkreuz Gallery of Paul Breitkreuz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 07/16/18 at 4:50 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

Missed this one. Like how you've divided the frame in half. The lack of wave action really gives the water a great transparent look.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership