Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Chocorua - Full Sweep
Photo posted by Harry Lichtman in the Landscape gallery on 07/05/18 at 8:58 pm EST
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments
Post last edited by Harry Lichtman on 07/05/18 at 8:59 pm EST

Large View Available

What are the chances that 2 of my images are back to back?  This panorama from Lake Chocorua is a 10 image stitch at 52mm.  It was taken the same morning as the previous waterfall shot of Tama Falls on my way up to the White Mountains in NH.  It was very, very early as I wanted to get to the falls before it cleared too much from the rain.  The foggy scene looked promising as I was about to pass by, so I decided to stop and was glad I did.  Some of the blue light images are pretty cool too well before sunrise, but this had that classic clearing storm fog and light that just folks on so many levels.  So, if there is a wall out there that needs to be filled, this might do the trick!

D810, 24-120mm, ISO 64, f11

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 07/06/18 at 01:11 am EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

Wish I could see this big enough to really enjoy the detail here, Harry. That sweet morning light with just the right amount of color. Love the lingering fog bank.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 07/06/18 at 03:30 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

A classic reflection scene. The combination of warm colors and cool colors makes this image for me. The greens have just the right amount of cyan for my taste: they stand out yet still look natural. 1/2 - 1/2 horizontal split scenes never bother me. In fact, I'm not sure why the 'rule' against it even exists. Perhaps a perfect 1/2 to 1/2 reflection gets boring because it's fairly common but even then, there are many excellent comps. In any case, the reflection is markedly different than above the water in this case. Nice work. No nits from me. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 07/06/18 at 07:29 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Beautiful, Harry. Can appreciate it here, but it would be amazing properly lit and stretched on a wall. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 07/06/18 at 10:59 am EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

This is just so peaceful and magnificent. Yes, I'd like it very large on my wall. The light is perfect and I also like the horizontal ripples in the water. Lovely colors too. Wow!

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 07/06/18 at 11:40 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

It's a beautiful dawn panorama, Harry.  I can hear the waves lapping and the loons calling...

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 07/06/18 at 3:22 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful, Harry!  Sweet reflections and great serene mood. Lovely!

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 07/06/18 at 8:38 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

I like the expansive view in this scene and the panoramic format accentuates the horizontal lines in the clouds and their reflection.  The light and color is also very beautiful.  Great work!  devil

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Craig Moreau on 07/10/18 at 09:21 am EST    
Registered on 04/21/15, 64 Posts, 584 Comments

Harry, this is really nice. Glad you stopped! The side lighting on the peak and mid-ground hills is beautiful, and the panorama works very well. No suggestions from me.

Craig Moreau
Central CT

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Craig Moreau Gallery of Craig Moreau

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership