Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Sand crab rover on Mars
Photo posted by David Schoen in the Macro & Close-up gallery on 05/27/18 at 1:35 pm EST
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments
Post last edited by David Schoen on 05/27/18 at 1:37 pm EST

I got down on my belly to take this one.  I like the late afternoon light.

Iso-200, 200-500 at 500 mm, F6 .3, 800th, D 500, handheld in a precarious position, this is as close as my lens would focus,
Adobe camera raw 10.3, Topaz adjust, TK sharpening action at 50%

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 05/28/18 at 2:00 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

I sure used to enjoy watching the sand crabs.  This is a great look at this one, clearly wondering what that monstrous thing pointing at it is...sad.  The blue sky reflections off the wet sand and how they contrast with the little holes adds well the the alien landscape sense.  A good and fun image.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Balan Vinod on 05/29/18 at 1:43 pm EST    
Registered on 03/20/06, 889 Posts, 2312 Comments

David ...crabs are beautiful and amusing subjects to work with, I have in the recent past done some crab images. They are not easy as one thinks. This one is beautiful on the larger view. and I love  the bg canvas which explains the environment of the crab. Nice one
Balan Vinod

Balan Vinod
http://balanvinod.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Balan Vinod Gallery of Balan Vinod

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Shirley Freeman on 05/29/18 at 4:17 pm EST    
Registered on 05/27/17, 77 Posts, 844 Comments

Great close up of this little guy.  I agree with Mark, I like the blue sky reflections and the wet sand combo.  Nice shot, and worth the trouble you had to go through to get it.

Shirley Freeman
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
www.freemansphotos.com

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Shirley Freeman Gallery of Shirley Freeman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Williams on 06/06/18 at 11:43 am EST    
Registered on 12/28/10, 636 Posts, 3499 Comments

Nice low POV here David. Great detail on the crab. I think you could crop a bit more to bring greater attention to the crab. 

Ed Williams
www.chasindaylight.com
La Habra, CA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Williams Gallery of Ed Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership