Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Assateague Sunrise # 2 + repost
Photo posted by Ed Lowe in the Landscape gallery on 05/15/18 at 1:35 pm EST
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments
Post last edited by Ed Lowe on 05/18/18 at 4:46 pm EST

Nikon D800
Nikon 35-70 @ 70 mm
f 18 @ 2.0 sec.
ISO 100
cable release & tripod
Assateague SP, MD

This image was taken a couple of minutes before my last post. In this one the slower SS has imparted a more impressionistic effect where as the other was a little more literal.

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Neale Dyster on 05/15/18 at 11:24 pm EST    
Registered on 02/19/08, 94 Posts, 738 Comments

I really liked the other one Ed, but this one really grabs me, just love it!

Neale Dyster
Australia

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Neale Dyster Gallery of Neale Dyster

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tim Gregory on 05/16/18 at 03:00 am EST    
Registered on 10/08/08, 24 Posts, 26 Comments

I like it, things like this can often be hard to get right, but it works for me 

On a technical note, it looks like the horizon is suffering from a little distortion - with images like this I think it's critical for the horizon to be absolutely perfectly straight, it should be easy to remove in C1 or LR with the distortion removal tools :) 

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Tim Gregory Gallery of Tim Gregory

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Craig Moreau on 05/16/18 at 10:45 am EST    
Registered on 04/21/15, 64 Posts, 584 Comments

Very nice, Ed. There is a lot of nice layering to this, and the shutter speed does lend an impressionistic feel, as you say. I love the colors and texture in the foreground sand. The blues in the water are a little too saturated for my taste, but that is subjective.

Craig Moreau
Central CT

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Craig Moreau Gallery of Craig Moreau

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 05/16/18 at 10:18 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

The symmetry with the sky colors reflecting nicely in the sand and the bold blue in between is quite striking, Ed.  This does a good job of capturing the "feel" of an East coast sunrise.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 05/16/18 at 11:36 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

Another fine seascape, Ed. Nice layering. I don't think the blues are too saturated. They suit my tastes just fine. As for the horizon, there is a very miniscule dip, but personally, I think it's impossible to see without putting a ruler on itdevil

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 05/18/18 at 4:44 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Here is a repost with Tim and Craig's suggestions of a little horizon distortion correction along with removing some of the blue in the water.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 05/20/18 at 5:57 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

This is very nice, Ed.  I like the soft quality to both the light and textures in this image.  The layering with the alternating light / dark / light also works.  This scene while it has distinctly literal elements takes on more of an abstract quality to my eye.  Nicely done!  devil

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership