Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Hope
Photo posted by Igor Doncov in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 05/14/18 at 1:43 pm EST
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments
Post last edited by Donna Erhardt on 05/26/18 at 4:24 pm EST

I really can't come up with a good title. 

It's so wet in the Cascades that flowers grow out of logs. This one caught my eye on a late afternoon when it was in shadow. I shot it with a daytime setting, thus preserving the blue. This is Falls Creek, Oregon, on the way to the Green Lakes. I used a wide frame this time because in my opinion it adds to the composition. It's my only image without people that fits the subject matter.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Shirley Freeman on 05/14/18 at 2:03 pm EST    
Registered on 05/27/17, 77 Posts, 844 Comments

Actually, I like the title, Igor.  One little lonely flower trying to survive where you wouldn't expect it to, but there is hope.  Perfect shot for the WC. 

Shirley Freeman
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
www.freemansphotos.com

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Shirley Freeman Gallery of Shirley Freeman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim DeWitt on 05/14/18 at 11:31 pm EST    
Registered on 08/28/06, 1240 Posts, 8506 Comments

Well seen and captured, Igor.

Jim DeWitt
Frozen Feather Images
Boise, Idaho

Go on, prove me wrong. Destroy the fabric of the universe. See if I care.
       - Terry Pratchett

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim DeWitt Gallery of Jim DeWitt

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Craig Moreau on 05/15/18 at 09:29 am EST    
Registered on 04/21/15, 64 Posts, 584 Comments

Igor, I like this a lot. I have seen (and taken) many images that are strongly divided by some element, and most do not work this well. Perhaps it is the symmetry of the rock above the log, and the submerged rock below? Whatever the case, this is really nice, and the square crop works perfectly here.

Craig Moreau
Central CT

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Craig Moreau Gallery of Craig Moreau

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 05/15/18 at 1:06 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Glad you liked it Craig, Jim, and Shirley. 

I took this in landscape mode originally and was going to post it that way. What bothered me though was that the end of the log was present on one side but not the other. So I simplified the elements. I remember looking at this for some time trying to figure out what kind of presentation to make. It was in the middle of the creek so a closeup was out of the question. I decided to use the dark background to set the yellow better and to let the flower dominate with color rather than size. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 05/16/18 at 09:26 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Igor, this is a great take, with the glowing cluster of flowers standing out beautifully in a nearly b&w frame.  This type of image is what I had in mind for this weeks challenge, but couldn't find in a spring world for greens and yellows.  BTW, people are acceptable in the WC, unless specified otherwise in the challenge itself.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by SandyRichardsBrown on 05/17/18 at 08:08 am EST    
Registered on 11/24/03, 3937 Posts, 12909 Comments

Sweet image - certainly fits the WC. "Hope" is a very appropriate title, imo.
Love the water flow, tree, and bright flowers.
Sandy

Sandy Richards-Brown, NPN #0367
Brookings, Oregon (summer/fall) and Sedona, Arizona (winter/spring)   
PNW and RMNP  Regional Member 
NATURE'S MAJESTY IMAGING
http://naturesmajestyimaging.zenfolio.com/

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
Each little flower that opens, Each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings."

- Ce­cil F. Al­ex­an­der, Hymns for Lit­tle Child­ren, 1848, Ireland

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by SandyRichardsBrown Gallery of SandyRichardsBrown

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 05/18/18 at 5:04 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

Very cool, Igor.  I love the little splash of color from the violets.  Excellent image.

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Reno DiTullio on 06/09/18 at 10:25 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 130 Posts, 1644 Comments

Congrats on the WP, Igor, well seen and executed.

Reno - Salinas, CA

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Reno DiTullio Gallery of Reno DiTullio

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership