Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Assateague Sunrise
Photo posted by Ed Lowe in the Landscape gallery on 05/11/18 at 11:25 am EST
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Nikon D800
Nikon 35-70 @ 70 mm
f 16 @ 1/20 sec.
ISO 400
cable release & tripod
Assateague SP, MD

There were not many clouds this particular morning so I decided to focus on this particular one. I was fortunate that it did catch some nice warm color.

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 05/11/18 at 12:42 pm EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

Classic, lovely colors and subtle mood. The swirl of white water in the foreground is a nice touch.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 05/11/18 at 2:45 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Ed, This is beautiful! The light and colors are wonderful and I love the feel this has. Looks like you captured it at the perfect moment! Really nice work!

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 05/11/18 at 3:17 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

This is sweet, Ed. The warm clouds contrast nicely with the cool tones of the water. Simple but very effective. Also like how the "curl" or whatever it's called is centered in the frame.devil

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paul Breitkreuz on 05/12/18 at 5:27 pm EST    
Registered on 02/25/06, 525 Posts, 8448 Comments

Ed, a wonderful take here on this larger view. I prefer horizontal views, but this one just makes the vertical work perfectly. Seeing the neat magenta tone was in my wheelhouse with me using Velvia 50 all the time.......love the look here......laugh

Paul Breitkreuz
Corona, California
Trailimages.com
NPN 2326

"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paul Breitkreuz Gallery of Paul Breitkreuz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 05/12/18 at 8:32 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

A beautiful sunrise, Ed.  the colors in the sky and their reflections look great.  The wave action in the foreground is also great.  It's a very gently inviting beauty.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 05/13/18 at 08:57 am EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Thanks so much for your thoughts everyone; they are always appreciated.
Paul: I have a couple of horizontals from that morning, but they are more about the waves and do not include the cloud. I always loved the rich vibrant color of Velvia and still do.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 05/13/18 at 12:45 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful sky and scene. No suggestions here, just enjoying it. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Stephen Stanton on 05/17/18 at 7:22 pm EST    
Registered on 03/01/15, 54 Posts, 453 Comments

Ed,  the wave series and the sky colors are beautiful. I think it is stronger image if the foreground froth is cropped away and the shoreline crashed wave is the lead. When I open up to the larger view it hits me right off.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Stephen Stanton Gallery of Stephen Stanton

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership