Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

One Drop Only
Photo posted by Genny K. in the Avian gallery on 05/02/18 at 02:03 am EST
Registered on 06/05/06, 132 Posts, 2001 Comments

Another image of the swans I saw several weeks ago, when there was still ice on the lakes....
The reflection turned out pretty nicely for the BG, as this swan glided across in front of me and the distant shore of the lake was reflected in the water.  You can see that the water was pretty shallow.  I was standing right out in the open, and this swan came surprisingly close to me; it actually did the "bottoms up" and put its head under water right in front of me to eat.
The title refers to the single drop of water on its beak.  I was amazed at the wake these swans made when they were moving.  They were moving right along!

See larger image.
Comments and critiques appreciated.

Canon 5D mkii, 100-400L lens at 285 mm
 1/400 sec, ISO 800, f9

Genny K.
Alaska, USA

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Genny K. Gallery of Genny K.
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 05/02/18 at 10:44 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

A lovely peaceful image, Genny.  I like the reflection and the deep blue of the water is awesome.  Excellent job on the exposure of a high contrast scene.

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 05/06/18 at 3:18 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments
Comment last edited by Mark Seaver on 05/06/18 at 3:18 pm EST

Genny, this is lovely and peaceful, the details in the swan look great.  It's reflection is a sweet addition.  All the other reflections make a fine, abstract scene.  That is quite the bow wave that it's kicking up.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership