Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Melting
Photo posted by Genny K. in the Landscape gallery on 04/18/18 at 02:37 am EST
Registered on 06/05/06, 132 Posts, 2001 Comments

Sorry, I am still in winter mode.  We actually had some warm temps that really melted the snow, but I have not gotten out and about in the last week or so.
This was taken a couple weeks ago.  Ice that had formed along this creek was starting to melt and drip into the creek.  I liked all the reflections of the little ice drops down underneath and all the layers.  There is a bit of blueish to this, but the ice was definitely blue, and the blue sky was reflecting in the water, so I think that's a true representation of the scene. I was standing up on the opposite  bank, and limited by bushes and trying to not fall down in the snow and into the creek.

Comments appreciated.
5d mkii, 100-400L at 300 mm, ISO 800, 1/640 sec, f 16
Cropped some, shadow/highlights, curves

Genny K.
Alaska, USA

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Genny K. Gallery of Genny K.
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 04/18/18 at 5:40 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

I like the layers of detail and textures Genny.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 04/18/18 at 11:14 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

I like this small scene.  The diagonal lines add compositional interest while the contrasting textures in the snow, ice and ripples in the water add a lot of interest throughout the frame.  This is nicely done, Genny!

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Doug Koepsel on 04/20/18 at 12:39 pm EST    
Registered on 04/01/10, 196 Posts, 1592 Comments

Looks like you were zoomed in fairly tight already.  The left half of the image intrigues me more, so maybe a try a vertical of the left half which would eliminate the darker area of water, and see if you like it.

Doug Koepsel
Flagstaff, AZ
Plateau Light Photography
https://www.facebook.com/doug.koepsel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Doug Koepsel Gallery of Doug Koepsel

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 04/21/18 at 11:08 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

A very nice image of layers. I think the reflections are the best part of this image for me. This needs to be seen big to appreciate the find details throughout. Thanks for sharing. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 04/21/18 at 12:14 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Genny, Layer after layer with a very interesting subject. The detail and textures are wonderful and must be seen in the larger version to really appreciate. I like it!...Nice work.cool

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership