Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

El Capitan 1992
Photo posted by Eva McDermott in the Landscape gallery on 04/17/18 at 6:17 pm EST
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments
Post last edited by Eva McDermott on 04/17/18 at 6:52 pm EST

This is an old film image of El Capitan taken in Spring 1992 with Kodacolor MAX 200 and an Olympus OM-4T.  This was a family trip visiting my sister and then going on side trips with our kids.  My son wanted to see waterfalls so my sister said lets go to Yosemite.  I wish I had taken my medium format camera and some 120 Kodachrome.

I was hoping to revisit some of the famous Yosemite viewpoints last summer but smoke from the wildfires transformed or obliterated the view. 

Thanks for having a look.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 04/18/18 at 11:19 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

When I saw this I immediately thought of Captain Kirk (the other El Capitan sad ) climbing this mountain in the opening sequence of Star Trek V.  This would have been close to the right year for that as well. 

I like the way that this communicates the scale of El Capitan.  I could see warming the color balance just a bit, and if it were mine I would consider cropping out the protruding branch at the top of the frame. 

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 04/21/18 at 12:19 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Very cool to see this and I quite like it! I shot a fair amount of kodacolor but never any Max 200 that I can remember. Loved the Kodachrome 64! cool

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership