Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

CB Chickadee
Photo posted by David Schoen in the Avian gallery on 04/09/18 at 4:08 pm EST
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments
Post last edited by David Schoen on 04/09/18 at 4:09 pm EST

We had a little sun this morning so I took advantage of the light and caught this Chestnut Backed Chickadee with some filtered sidelight.  I don't think I've ever seen a Chickadee call before so I was quite surprised to see this behavior.

Iso-500, 200-500 at 500 mm, F7 .1, 800th, D 500, tripod, -0.7 EV, fill flash at -0.3, essentially full frame, Adobe camera raw 10.3, Topaz adjust, TK sharpening action at 20%

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 04/09/18 at 5:49 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

Great pose, and another awesome perch, David.

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Kellermeyer on 04/09/18 at 5:55 pm EST    
Registered on 03/19/13, 52 Posts, 161 Comments

Ditto  great pose. What a peaceful setting. The background is great.

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Kellermeyer Gallery of Bill Kellermeyer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nate Chappell on 04/09/18 at 10:02 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/06, 1158 Posts, 19528 Comments

It's a great pose and a great perch David.  Before reading your techs I was thinking the fill flash looked a little strong and at just -0.3 I think it is.  With that much light in the eye already I would probably remove the pin point from the flash.  devil

Nate Chappell
Avian Gallery Moderator
Texas and Ecuador

BIRD PHOTOGRAPHY TOURS AND WORKSHOPS-SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nate Chappell Gallery of Nate Chappell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Charles Gangas on 04/10/18 at 1:52 pm EST    
Registered on 08/12/09, 544 Posts, 2414 Comments

Lovely perch and background you found this guy on David. I would agree with Nate that -.3 FEC is a bit much here,  and I would also work on repairing the eye. 

Chuck Gangas
Stowe, Vermont

Thailand Photo Tours 
http://www.trogontours.net/thailand

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Charles Gangas Gallery of Charles Gangas

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Craig Moreau on 04/11/18 at 12:21 pm EST    
Registered on 04/21/15, 64 Posts, 584 Comments

I love the calling pose here, David. Great perch, great background. I'm not much of a bird photographer, but nothing looks off to me about the eye.

Craig Moreau
Central CT

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Craig Moreau Gallery of Craig Moreau

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Steve Thompson on 04/11/18 at 2:31 pm EST    
Registered on 08/07/14, 125 Posts, 2319 Comments

Very nice David. Your comp, background and perch are great. The calling pose of the Chickadee is sweet. I can't really comment on the fill flash. But it looks good to me!

Steve Thompson
Andalusia, Illinois
"Quad Cities USA"

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Steve Thompson Gallery of Steve Thompson

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership