Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Beaver Dam Pond + repost
Photo posted by Ed Lowe in the Landscape gallery on 04/01/18 at 10:53 pm EST
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments
Post last edited by Ed Lowe on 04/03/18 at 4:15 pm EST

Nikon D700
Nikon 80-200 @ 200 mm
f 14 @ 1/50 sec.
ISO 200
cable release & tripod

This particular morning the fog was pretty much localized around Beaver Dam Pond and imparted a lovely air of mystery to the scene. Unfortunately the fog dissipated rather quickly, but I did manage to capture this one before it was gone.

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Ed.

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by SandyRichardsBrown on 04/02/18 at 01:19 am EST    
Registered on 11/24/03, 3937 Posts, 12909 Comments

Magical and mystical! The streams of fog across the water are just lovely, and the soft greens very compelling. 
Sandy

Sandy Richards-Brown, NPN #0367
Brookings, Oregon (summer/fall) and Sedona, Arizona (winter/spring)   
PNW and RMNP  Regional Member 
NATURE'S MAJESTY IMAGING
http://naturesmajestyimaging.zenfolio.com/

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
Each little flower that opens, Each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings."

- Ce­cil F. Al­ex­an­der, Hymns for Lit­tle Child­ren, 1848, Ireland

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by SandyRichardsBrown Gallery of SandyRichardsBrown

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed McGuirk on 04/02/18 at 09:31 am EST    
Registered on 11/29/17, 19 Posts, 260 Comments

Ed, this one has a very pleasing, serene mood to it. These early spring colors don't last long, but you caught them at just the right time. I love these birch trees, and your composition has done a good job of distributing across the scene to create some visual interest. Very nicely done !!!

Ed McGuirk
Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts
www.edmcguirkphoto.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed McGuirk Gallery of Ed McGuirk

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 04/02/18 at 10:36 am EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Ed, I just love the quiet and mystical mood this has. The fog and green tones in this are wonderful. Really nice capture! 

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 04/03/18 at 12:50 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Great mood and feel to the image. For some reason, the horizontal log right of center pulls my eye and interrupts my flow through the image. I might clone it or burn it? Not a big deal though. Beautiful. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 04/03/18 at 2:20 pm EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

A St. Patrick's Day type image.  Love the soft greens, the season is coming , I think.  The birch break it up nicely.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Williams on 04/03/18 at 4:09 pm EST    
Registered on 12/28/10, 636 Posts, 3499 Comments

Ed this is really nice. I really like the misty muted greens everywhere in this.  The tree trunks add just enough accent.

Ed Williams
www.chasindaylight.com
La Habra, CA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Williams Gallery of Ed Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 04/03/18 at 4:14 pm EST    

Thanks for your thoughts everyone; always appreciated. Here is a repost with Harley's suggestion of cloning out the one fallen birch. Let me know what you think.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 04/03/18 at 4:43 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Works for me, but then it was my suggestion. sad

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Neale Dyster on 04/03/18 at 10:12 pm EST    
Registered on 02/19/08, 94 Posts, 738 Comments

Call me crazy but i think I prefer it with the fallen log ! No deal breaker either way, great soft , green feel to this.

Neale Dyster
Australia

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Neale Dyster Gallery of Neale Dyster

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 04/04/18 at 9:46 pm EST    

Thanks for your thoughts Neale; always appreciated. I think I prefer it with the fallen birch also. It would be boring if everyone always liked the same exact thing. cool

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 04/05/18 at 10:06 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

Ed, you always seem to come away witj some great shots from this non descript loacation. The greens are succulent and the rising mists add some great mood I prefer it with the originaldevil log.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 04/08/18 at 5:11 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

Ed, this is really nice.  As you noted the fog adds to the mystery and mood of the scene and it also helps to simplify the scene a bit.  I also like the green glowing appearance from the naturally diffused light.  Nicely done!

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership