Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

A Silly Little Love Song
Photo posted by Igor Doncov in the Landscape gallery on 03/21/18 at 4:10 pm EST
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

"What's wrong with that?
I'd like to know."

My ode to Paul McCartneys songs,  which are simple, straightforward, wholesome, and beautiful. This seems to fit the current Spring theme we are on, even though it was shot in the summer near the Stanislaus River. 

Canon 6D, 24-105@60mm, f/16, ISO 100, 0.5 sec, tripod

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Preston Birdwell on 03/21/18 at 5:29 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 471 Posts, 5188 Comments

This is real nice,Igor. Great color and textures. The light was perfect. You might consider cloning out the pine needles adjacent to the plant with the flowers. Nicely processed and well seen.
--P

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, California, USA

NPN 429 | California Nature Photographers (CANP) Moderator | 'NPN Discussion' Moderator

“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper" Author Unknown

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Preston Birdwell Gallery of Preston Birdwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 03/21/18 at 8:18 pm EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Oh, that's right spring is here - for some.  Like the diagonal created by the log and the greens surrounding.  Not much I would change - maybe try a cooler white balance for the shadows - the leaves and log look a bit warm on my monitor.  Very minor. The moss is nice but edging in the frame might be more out of place considering the rest of the image? See if a crop does anything for you.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 03/21/18 at 9:59 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

This needs to be viewed large. I would agree with on the pine needles. McCartney, nah, not for me. :) Photography, yeah. Love the brilliant green of spring in this one. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed McGuirk on 03/22/18 at 10:59 am EST    
Registered on 11/29/17, 19 Posts, 260 Comments

Really nice intimate landscape Igor, this was a great little find. The flowers are a good subject, but I like how you included the diagonal log to hold the composition together, it makes this image more special. I enjoy taking these kind of forest floor images after doing a little judicious "gardening" of things such as the pine needles, but in this case it would be relatively easy to remove them after the fact. This is carefully considered composition that works very well, nice job.

Ed McGuirk
Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts
www.edmcguirkphoto.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed McGuirk Gallery of Ed McGuirk

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 03/22/18 at 3:44 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

It's a beautiful groundscape, Igor.  The little flower stars are the icing on the cake here.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 03/22/18 at 7:26 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments
Comment last edited by Nick Bristol on 03/22/18 at 7:27 pm EST

Igor, The large version is wonderful and the detail in that log is super nice. The little white flowers are a fantastic touch. It works great for me as it is but just a bit cooler wb might be interesting to try as Harry mentioned. Even though it was summer it really does have that wonderful spring look / feel.

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 03/24/18 at 9:41 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

Nicely composed, Igor.  There is a nice contrast between the decaying branches and fallen leaves and the flowering plants.  While you noted this was a summer image it does fit the theme of spring returning.  Nicely captured. 

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Williams on 04/01/18 at 7:58 pm EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 221 Posts, 5985 Comments

A most excellent intimate Igor. The little white flowers are jewels.

John Williams
www.tranquilviews.com
Battle Ground, WA
I often have wandered in deep contemplation, It seems that the mind runs wild when you're all alone. -John Denver

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Williams Gallery of John Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership