Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Foggy snag
Photo posted by David Schoen in the Landscape gallery on 03/20/18 at 5:58 pm EST
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments
Post last edited by David Schoen on 03/20/18 at 5:58 pm EST

Another foggy morning on Henderson Inlet.  This snag floated by while I was trying to take pictures of ducks in the fog.  This is not a black-and-white conversion...

Iso 1600, 200-500 at 371 mm, F7 .1, 1600th, D 500, handheld, DxO photo lab, ACR 10.2, Topaz adjust, TK sharpening action 40%

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 03/21/18 at 09:14 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

The fog does a fine job of isolating this snag, David.  The subtle ripples in the water also speak well of a quiet foggy morning.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed McGuirk on 03/21/18 at 09:49 am EST    
Registered on 11/29/17, 19 Posts, 260 Comments

Davis, at first glance I was sure this was B&W, due to the lack of color. This minimalist image has some wonderful graphic shapes and patterns. The formation to the far left looks like a seahorse to me. The circle and two diagonal lines in the dead center are a very eye-catching subject, nice bit of seeing on your part . Your arrangement of the elements here is nicely balanced. Wonderful abstract image !!!

Ed McGuirk
Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts
www.edmcguirkphoto.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed McGuirk Gallery of Ed McGuirk

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 03/21/18 at 12:05 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful simple abstract scene. I might back off the sharpening a bit, but no other suggestions. This is real nice.

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Preston Birdwell on 03/21/18 at 5:37 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 471 Posts, 5188 Comments

Wonderfully graphic. The snag has nice shapes and the reflections are wonderful. I like the negative space above the snag and the subtle ripples in the water.
--P

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, California, USA

NPN 429 | California Nature Photographers (CANP) Moderator | 'NPN Discussion' Moderator

“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper" Author Unknown

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Preston Birdwell Gallery of Preston Birdwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 03/23/18 at 11:00 am EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Wonderful graphics here, David. The subtle shapes of the ripples work very nicely in this minimalistic image. My only suggestion would be a little crop from the top and to reduce the sharpening just a little. Nice find.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership