Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Starry Night
Photo posted by Igor Doncov in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 03/17/18 at 7:58 pm EST
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

This was taken in the Kenai Peninsula where it rains a lot more. Much of the forest floor is covered with moss and mushrooms seem to thrive here as well. This part of Alaska has a greater variety of fungi than further north. My last, I promise.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 03/19/18 at 10:41 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Igor, you've shown off a fine collection of "forest floor" images.  The "starry" moss looks great and the bits of dew that show nicely in the larger view add a fine bit extra.  Depending on the size, I'd suggest you post shots like this in either landscape or in macro/cu (my rough definition for macro/cu is about 12 inches long axis).  While they aren't "standard landscape" material, they do show one aspect of our landscape very well.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 03/19/18 at 6:43 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Mark, with few exceptions there is a bias in the landscape gallery toward much wider landscapes. I've decided that there is no point in posting these sort of images there. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership