Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Pleasant Ridge
Photo posted by Nick Bristol in the Man & Nature gallery on 03/11/18 at 4:21 pm EST
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

This is a picture I made on a wonderful fall afternoon. I took about a 20 mile drive from my home through the hills to this beautiful country church. The Pleasant Ridge Church is always a wonderful place to visit and I love the quiet and peaceful feel it always seems to have...and especially on a fall afternoon like this one was. Thanks for looking. Larger version included.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Reno DiTullio on 03/12/18 at 8:25 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 130 Posts, 1644 Comments

Very appropriate name for a "pleasant" setting; very nice fall colors...I might crop some off the left side..all-in-all a very nice scene.

Reno - Salinas, CA

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Reno DiTullio Gallery of Reno DiTullio

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 03/13/18 at 1:44 pm EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

This does look peaceful and very seasonal. The colors and light are just wonderful. At first I didn't especially enjoy the empty picnic table, but it does go along with the fall flavor. I might consider cloning out the gate right behind it, though. Or burning it down. It doesn't add anything and catches my eye.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Teller on 03/13/18 at 6:07 pm EST    
Registered on 08/23/10, 1162 Posts, 6692 Comments

You captured the feeling of the place very well in this image. I can feel the coolness of a fall afternoon and hear the leaves crunch under my feet.

Richard Teller
Scottsbluff, NE
teller-nature-photography.redframe.com

The mountains and the seashore scream at you, but the prairie whispers and you have to stop and listen.
Don't shoot what it looks like, shoot what it feels like. David Alan Harvey

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Teller Gallery of Richard Teller

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 03/13/18 at 6:09 pm EST    

Thanks Reno and Kathy! Very much appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Kathy, I thought about the gate after I posted this as well. I already did a version with it cloned out and will include it here. 
I do like the picnic table. 

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 03/14/18 at 09:03 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful peaceful and tranquil rural scene. I might be tempted to clone out the chain link fence (oops, just saw the repost - excellent!).  Great colors too. This turned out great!

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 03/14/18 at 09:29 am EST    

Thanks Richard and Harley! I'm glad you guys like it. It sure is a nice place to stop by and make a couple of pictures. So nice to sit at that table and enjoy a hot coffee on a beautiful autumn day. cool Nick

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 03/14/18 at 8:41 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

The repost without the gate is the clear winner for me, Nick. This just has a lovely feel to it with the autumn season and the picnic table. Beautifully done.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Peter Richter on 03/17/18 at 11:54 am EST    
Registered on 11/10/10, 218 Posts, 2723 Comments

Nick, your image conveys the atmosphere immediately to me, especially the repost. I just think of a crop from the left in order to place the church according to the rule of thirds. Anyway, I enjoy this scene a lot!

Peter

Peter Richter
Vienna, Austria

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Peter Richter Gallery of Peter Richter

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership