Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Pasted
Photo posted by Harry Lichtman in the Landscape gallery on 03/08/18 at 6:41 pm EST
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments
Post last edited by Donna Erhardt on 03/17/18 at 09:03 am EST

This was from earlier today after a nice dumping of wet snow in NE.  I've been testing out the Tamron 150-600 G2 lens and have been real  happy with the results so far.  Returned a copy of the lens a while back and re-ordered.  This seems to be a better copy, if that is possible.  Thought those kind of quality issues should have been solved in this day and age.  I was initially attracted to the dark outline of the trunks pasted with snow.  Taken through the car window, lens resting on the partially open window.  A small crop of the original file.

D810, 280 mm, f16, ISO 320, 1/250 sec.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 03/08/18 at 9:10 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful, Harry. The tree outlines add a strong graphic quality to the image and hold the comp together quite nicely. Very nice!

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Cameron on 03/09/18 at 05:17 am EST    
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments

Like this lots of gorgeous lines and a gorgeous soft winter palette.  Great etched image of winter trees en mass.

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed McGuirk on 03/09/18 at 07:59 am EST    
Registered on 11/29/17, 19 Posts, 260 Comments

Beautiful image Harry, this one almost looks like a painting. I like how you were able to incorporate some beech leaves to add a splash of color. The processing here is great, I really like the white balance you used for this one. In taking what I call "tree tapestries", it can be difficult to get separation of the subject trees from the background, but you have done an outstanding job of achieving separation here.

Ed McGuirk
Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts
www.edmcguirkphoto.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed McGuirk Gallery of Ed McGuirk

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ronald Murphy on 03/09/18 at 08:25 am EST    
Registered on 03/13/12, 279 Posts, 975 Comments

Just perfect with the sprinkle of color!

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ronald Murphy Gallery of Ronald Murphy

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 03/09/18 at 08:30 am EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Harry, I like this image alot! Wonderful job finding and setting up this composition. The leaves add a very nice touch to this and like Ed I really like the white balance you have used here. The snow was just right by letting the dark edge of the trees show just enough to give nice separation from the background. This looks like it would make a very cool print. Excellent work!!

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mattia Oliviero on 03/09/18 at 09:39 am EST    
Registered on 08/24/16, 43 Posts, 254 Comments

Excellent graphical image, Harry. It's really nice to wander through the frame and discover every little details. Also great the contrast with the colored leaves.

Mattia Oliviero
Trento, Italy

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mattia Oliviero Gallery of Mattia Oliviero

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Doug Koepsel on 03/09/18 at 11:04 am EST    
Registered on 04/01/10, 196 Posts, 1592 Comments

The black outlines of the trunks makes this different in a good way.  The brown leaves add a nice hint of color to an otherwise monotone scene.

Doug Koepsel
Flagstaff, AZ
Plateau Light Photography
https://www.facebook.com/doug.koepsel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Doug Koepsel Gallery of Doug Koepsel

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 03/09/18 at 11:50 am EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Harry,

Right up my alley! This is outstanding.  Impossible to be critical here, but of course one can always be picky.  This suggestion is probably a result of my natural bias against the longer digital format, so keep that in mind.  Minor suggestion would be a slight crop off the bottom, say to where the large trunk on the far left starts to curve back to the right.  How's that for picky!

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 03/09/18 at 12:51 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

Love the painterly look here. The lines of the trees add a lot of interest. The splashes of color of the leaves, though still muted , make a nice contrast to the snow covered trees.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 03/10/18 at 02:00 am EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

The dark outlines and flat light really make this one stand out. I love the little touch of color that the leaves add. Outstanding.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Preston Birdwell on 03/10/18 at 6:51 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 471 Posts, 5188 Comments

This is gorgeous, Harry. My only suggestion would be a slight crop from the top down to just above the curved branches on the right side. I really like the spots of color. Your processing looks great.
--P

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, California, USA

NPN 429 | California Nature Photographers (CANP) Moderator | 'NPN Discussion' Moderator

“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper" Author Unknown

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Preston Birdwell Gallery of Preston Birdwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dave Dillemuth on 03/10/18 at 6:58 pm EST    
Registered on 12/10/15, 104 Posts, 1112 Comments

This is gorgeous. The overall monochromatic look with those warm colored leaves works beautifully. Framing and processing look good to my eyes. Nicely seen.

Dave Dillemuth
Santa Barbara, California
davedillemuthphotography.smugmug.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Dillemuth Gallery of Dave Dillemuth

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Aaron Feinberg on 03/10/18 at 9:06 pm EST    
Registered on 10/26/09, 399 Posts, 2789 Comments

That is certainly a neat find.  Very 3d look to that. Sweet!

"You never know how you look through other people's eyes"    
aFeinberg Gallery
Princeville • Poipu

aFeinPhoto
Facebook
IG

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Aaron Feinberg Gallery of Aaron Feinberg

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kah Kit Yoong on 03/11/18 at 1:25 pm EST    
Registered on 09/27/06, 636 Posts, 10682 Comments

Amazing what you can catch through a car window ;D The brown borders give a cool stencilled look to the image and the splashes of coloured leaves top off a wonderful photo.

Landscape and M&N Gallery Moderator
Melbourne, Australia
Blog : [url]http://www.magichourunplugged.com/[/url]

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kah Kit Yoong Gallery of Kah Kit Yoong

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Chambers on 03/11/18 at 4:17 pm EST    
Registered on 04/10/05, 753 Posts, 21216 Comments

Gorgeous Harry.  Love this as presented, no suggestions.  The small splashes of color from the leaves really make this image stand out for me.  They offer the perfect addition.

Bill Chambers
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Please visit Enchanted Light Photography

"You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Chambers Gallery of Bill Chambers

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 03/12/18 at 3:04 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Sweet! I love the graphics in this one with the dark outlines of the trees and the snow sandwiched in between, Harry. The leaves do add a nice little splash of color to this winter scene. Beautifully done. Sometimes it is nice not to have to brave the elements and come away with something as beautiful as this.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 03/12/18 at 3:09 pm EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

@ Ed - Amen! 

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Peter Richter on 03/17/18 at 11:44 am EST    
Registered on 11/10/10, 218 Posts, 2723 Comments

Congrats on the EP, Harley!

You framed this composition in an excellent way and your processing conveys the subtlety of the textures wonderfully to me.

Peter

Peter Richter
Vienna, Austria

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Peter Richter Gallery of Peter Richter

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by SandyRichardsBrown on 03/17/18 at 5:02 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/03, 3937 Posts, 12909 Comments

I want wallpaper like this!
Beautiful, perfect black-and-white combination with just enough colour‌ and detail.
Just beautiful!
Congrats on the WP!
Sandy

Sandy Richards-Brown, NPN #0367
Brookings, Oregon (summer/fall) and Sedona, Arizona (winter/spring)   
PNW and RMNP  Regional Member 
NATURE'S MAJESTY IMAGING
http://naturesmajestyimaging.zenfolio.com/

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
Each little flower that opens, Each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings."

- Ce­cil F. Al­ex­an­der, Hymns for Lit­tle Child­ren, 1848, Ireland

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by SandyRichardsBrown Gallery of SandyRichardsBrown

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership