Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Arrested Decay
Photo posted by Eva McDermott in the POP Photos gallery on 02/13/18 at 7:01 pm EST
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Arrested Decay, Bodie, California

This image was selected for the 2018 Maine Photography Show in the Remnants category. 

Thanks for having a look.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Preston Birdwell on 02/14/18 at 10:36 am EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 471 Posts, 5188 Comments

Very nice, Eva. The composition is excellent, and the color is vibrant. You might consider burning the bright spots on the chair in the lower left corner. I wonder what was on the easel?

Congrats on the pick for the show!
--P

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, California, USA

NPN 429 | California Nature Photographers (CANP) Moderator | 'NPN Discussion' Moderator

“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper" Author Unknown

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Preston Birdwell Gallery of Preston Birdwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 02/14/18 at 5:31 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Thanks for the input Preston.  I have not made the print yet for the show so your input is very helpful.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Norma Tareila Matl on 02/15/18 at 11:04 am EST    
Registered on 10/27/16, 229 Posts, 393 Comments

Eva, I feel like I am there and I want to walk around that room and look at everything.You have peeked my imagination of days gone by.  I like the sunshine on the floor burning into the floor. 

Norma Tareila-Matley
Tewksbury, MA
Rangeley, ME

“Photograph: a picture painted by light.”— Pablo Picasso

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Norma Tareila Matl Gallery of Norma Tareila Matl

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 02/15/18 at 1:11 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Great take from Bodie! I like Preston's suggestion, but otherwise no nits here unless you want to put some hot dogs in there. sad

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Sandor on 02/17/18 at 12:37 pm EST    
Registered on 01/12/14, 453 Posts, 1625 Comments

Eva: easy to understand why this photo was selected. The muted tonality really serves to emphasize the abandoment and decay. Congrats on the selection. Richard

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Sandor Gallery of Richard Sandor

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 02/20/18 at 9:00 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Excellent work, Eva. I would burn in the sunny floor as well.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ry Birge on 02/21/18 at 8:40 pm EST    
Registered on 09/23/17, 118 Posts, 278 Comments

Love this picture Eva.  Great composition, very emotive.  Textures really make this image shine.  Keep up the good work!  Ry

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ry Birge Gallery of Ry Birge

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership