Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Moody Blues
Photo posted by Ed Lowe in the Landscape gallery on 02/06/18 at 10:44 pm EST
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Nikon D 200
Nikon 80-200 @ 150 mm
f 22 @ 0.3 sec.
ISO 100
cable release & tripod
White Mountains, NH

This is my homage to the Moody Blues who recently lost one of the founding members in Ray Thomas. Their second album "Days of Future Passed" from 1967 was a classic.

This image was taken before sunrise from Sugar Hill in the White Mountains of NH. I had to make this a pano as the sky above what you see here was basically the color of a blue bird and virtually cloudless. The view here is one of my favorites in the White mountains and can produce some lovely images if the conditions are right around the magic hours of sunrise or sunset.

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 02/07/18 at 06:15 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

This must be such a peaceful place, a place to go to unwind. The folds seem to stretch forever. A study of infinity in blue. It works for me. The exaggerated panoramic look helps those long horizontals to work their magic. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 02/07/18 at 10:40 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

The rows and rows of ridges are great, Ed.  The touch of color in the sky really sets off all the blues beautifully.  A very peaceful, restful, contemplative view.  I'd say you got the question of balance perfect.  enlightened

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 02/07/18 at 7:27 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

Terrific multilayered effect on the mountains with fog and wonderful sky.  The large image is very pleasing.

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 02/07/18 at 11:17 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

This is sweet, Ed. the horizontal layering of all the hills and valleys suits the panoramic format perfectly. The blue is sublime and the low lying fog puts this over the top. I would almost be tempted to make the FG trees silhouetted. devil

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 02/08/18 at 07:36 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

This one beautifully fits the "moody" bill and is a fine tribute to the band. I had Days of Future Passed on cassette back in the day. The blue color works really well to make the mood and it is quite tranquil and serene. I like this a lot. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 02/09/18 at 10:29 am EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Love all of the layers the mist creates.  Definitely loose that with an evening image.  Wondering if you might be able to increase the luminosity / maybe just the brightness of the near tree line to give it more texture and dimension?  Since I can see some differentiation in tones in the greens/yellows might be worth a try using some type of layered masks.  

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Preston Birdwell on 02/09/18 at 4:16 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 471 Posts, 5188 Comments

Nice layers of color and contrast. The image has a lot of atmosphere and mood. The hints of warm color add a nice touch.
--P

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, California, USA

NPN 429 | California Nature Photographers (CANP) Moderator | 'NPN Discussion' Moderator

“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper" Author Unknown

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Preston Birdwell Gallery of Preston Birdwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership