Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Butano State Park
Photo posted by Igor Doncov in the Landscape gallery on 02/06/18 at 1:10 pm EST
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments
Post last edited by Igor Doncov on 02/06/18 at 1:13 pm EST

A feeder creek into the Butano Creek, this has little water most of the year. But in the winter the water can flow quite vigorously. This is the most vibrant interpretation i've ever made of this place so I'm curious how you'll react. This spot can get very good light in the morning before direct sunlight.

Canon 6D, 24-105@45mm, f/5.6, ISO 200, 1/10 sec, tripod

The large version on my monitor is significantly better.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Peter Richter on 02/06/18 at 2:34 pm EST    
Registered on 11/10/10, 218 Posts, 2723 Comments

Igor, everything about this images works perfectly for me. The composition draws me immediately into the scene and keeps my attention within the frame. The diverse diagonals and verticals make for an interesting tension to my eye and the delightful details add a lot. Your exposure and processing is  spot on in my opinion. There is a very natural feel to the image for me, I just think I can breath the humid air.

Peter

Peter Richter
Vienna, Austria

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Peter Richter Gallery of Peter Richter

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Preston Birdwell on 02/06/18 at 3:08 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 471 Posts, 5188 Comments

The mood here is peaceful and quiet. The color looks very nice, and the composition is well balanced. Nice scene, Igor.
--P

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, California, USA

NPN 429 | California Nature Photographers (CANP) Moderator | 'NPN Discussion' Moderator

“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper" Author Unknown

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Preston Birdwell Gallery of Preston Birdwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 02/06/18 at 10:54 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

You gotta love those lush greens and details in the large version, Igor. I particularly like the diagonals with the trees along with the serene peaceful vibe this scene resonates. Did you happen to use a CPL as some of the leaves have a bit of glare? This is lovely as is, but I would be curious to see what it would look like if they could be toned down just a tad.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Doug Koepsel on 02/07/18 at 1:07 pm EST    
Registered on 04/01/10, 196 Posts, 1592 Comments

Igor, the green lushness is certainly inviting, and the angled and crossed trees invite the viewer to the center.  Did you use a CPL to reduce the glare off the leaves?

Doug Koepsel
Flagstaff, AZ
Plateau Light Photography
https://www.facebook.com/doug.koepsel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Doug Koepsel Gallery of Doug Koepsel

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 02/07/18 at 1:52 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

I did not use the CPL here because I didn't want to flatten the light. I liked the 'sparkle' that these oil resin leaves provided.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 02/07/18 at 6:58 pm EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Very tranquil and lush scene.  The dry brook and angled trees lead me through the scene nicely.  I noticed that you didn't use a CPL and the scene looks more natural without it.  In these cases, I often rotate it to get images of varying amounts to see if any difference.  In this case, I think you get more depth with those highlights - not sure if they are blown out on histogram which might effect the look of a print.  The subtle backlight on the tree trunks especially nice. Organized chaos.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 02/07/18 at 7:24 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

Terrific interplay of light and color.  I like the way the creek bed leads one into the picture and the diagonal trees just perfect the composition.

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 02/08/18 at 07:33 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful rich, lush wooded scene. Lovely light and glow. No suggestions here, I like it a lot. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 02/10/18 at 3:47 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Igor, The larger version of this is wonderful to view. I love wooded scenes like this and you did an excellent job with this one. Everything looks wet and vibrant and that works beautifully here. I think the highlights on all the leaves adds a special look and feel to this image. Great details too.

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 02/10/18 at 8:40 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Igor,

A wonderful image.  The processing, details, sharpness, color, et. all, is all excellent.  However, that's just the icing on the cake as I'm really enjoying the simple, yet effective composition; especially with the presence of the open pathway leading the eye in to the frame.  The trees leaning towards the center enhance that pathway.  All the elements contribute and I especially like the fern in the LLC.

Well done.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership