Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Off Season
Photo posted by Harry Lichtman in the Man & Nature gallery on 02/05/18 at 7:52 pm EST
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Downast Maine during the recent deep freeze near Acadia NP.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Williams on 02/06/18 at 12:30 am EST    
Registered on 12/28/10, 636 Posts, 3499 Comments

That's some nasty weather Harry.  Reminds me of some of the boats in the Seattle Washington area a few years back that took a lot of freezing rain and ended up capsizing some of them.  Very dramatic.

Ed Williams
www.chasindaylight.com
La Habra, CA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Williams Gallery of Ed Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Silvia Richter on 02/06/18 at 03:39 am EST    
Registered on 02/27/11, 18 Posts, 167 Comments

Harry, this is indeed a story teller for me. The slightly cooler color temperature conveys the icy atmosphere in a convincing way to me. Furthermore, the diagonal stripes from the snow flakes make for interesting dynamics to my eye. I can feel like standing in the middle of this wintry scene.

Silvia

Silvia Richter
Vienna, Austria

All Photos and Comments by Silvia Richter

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ry Birge on 02/06/18 at 8:09 pm EST    
Registered on 09/23/17, 118 Posts, 278 Comments

I like the composition here Harry. The picture excludes cold and I like the way you framed the boats. Keep up the good work

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ry Birge Gallery of Ry Birge

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Genny K. on 02/20/18 at 8:01 pm EST    
Registered on 06/05/06, 132 Posts, 2001 Comments

Definitely exudes cold and nasty!  Good job of catching that feeling in this, with the comp, the shutter speed, and the processing. 

Genny K.
Alaska, USA

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Genny K. Gallery of Genny K.

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership