Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Winter Lead Mill
Photo posted by Ian Cameron in the Man & Nature gallery on 02/05/18 at 6:45 pm EST
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments
Post last edited by Donna Erhardt on 02/17/18 at 5:12 pm EST

Well of Lecht, Grampians, Scotland

This solitary grey building nestled between the folds of heather clad hills gloriously dusted with fresh new snow is an old lead mill near the town of Tomintoul. I have always liked it and I think it is at its very best with a winter jacket and a glowing rectangle of clean white snow for the roof. the colours are muted but warm and the little meandering white footpath that leads to it all converge on the old building. I was very fortunate to have such a leaden grey sky over the snow clad hills as this helped define the slopes. Shortly after it snowed heavily.

New Photography workshops and masterclasses at TRANSIENT LIGHT.

FujiFilm X-T1 ,Fujinon XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
unfiltered, f/13 at 1/20 Second, ISO 200.

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Silvia Richter on 02/06/18 at 03:46 am EST    
Registered on 02/27/11, 18 Posts, 167 Comments

Ian, this is a convincing presentation of the scene to me. The bridge, the path and finally the old building make for a composition that leads me nicely to the main focal point. Finally the background mountains frame it aptly and contribute a lot to the atmosphere in my opinion.

Silvia

Silvia Richter
Vienna, Austria

All Photos and Comments by Silvia Richter

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Williams on 02/07/18 at 8:28 pm EST    
Registered on 12/28/10, 636 Posts, 3499 Comments

Ian, this really reminds me of places along the Eastern Side of our California Sierra Nevadas. I really like the leading composition here with the path and valley funneling down to the mine with the huge backstop of the mountain behind.

Ed Williams
www.chasindaylight.com
La Habra, CA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Williams Gallery of Ed Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 02/14/18 at 6:15 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Looks desolate and very cold Ian.  I like the cool tones of the background slope.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership