Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Thaw
Photo posted by Harry Lichtman in the Photo Art gallery on 01/15/18 at 3:16 pm EST
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

I've posted the original "straight" image in Landscape Gallery.  For this, converted into BW in ACR then just reduced the clarity to emphasize the fog - which was pretty thick as it was after near 60 degree temps following NH's arctic blast.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 01/15/18 at 4:45 pm EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

I can't decide which one I like best, but this has great appeal either way. I have a slight preference for this one since it makes the whole scene a little more foggy, and therefore more mysterious. The delicate tones are wonderful,  and the comp suits me fine.
B and W works very well in both. Poetic and dreamy.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Allen Brooks on 01/17/18 at 11:42 am EST    
Registered on 07/27/11, 262 Posts, 2597 Comments

I like the composition and emphasizing the fog adds a lot to the mood of the image.

Allen Brooks
Oregon

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Allen Brooks Gallery of Allen Brooks

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Snead on 01/18/18 at 6:12 pm EST    
Registered on 04/06/17, 104 Posts, 397 Comments

Hi Harry

I really like the one in Landscape .  It is a classic photograph.  I don't see why you could not enter this one in Landscape as well as reducing the clarity would seem just an adjustment like increasing saturation.  Either way, nice photo.  Fog can be tough!

Kathy Snead
Golden, CO

http://KathySneadPhotography.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Snead Gallery of Kathy Snead

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ry Birge on 01/31/18 at 9:10 pm EST    
Registered on 09/23/17, 118 Posts, 278 Comments

Really like the image.  The only thing I might add is a small bird with color somewhere to add a point of interest.  Keep up the good work!

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ry Birge Gallery of Ry Birge

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership