Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Green Sea Anemone
Photo posted by Igor Doncov in the Macro & Close-up gallery on 12/16/17 at 3:24 pm EST
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments
Post last edited by Donna Erhardt on 12/22/17 at 09:08 am EST

A few years ago I helped my son with his high school marine biology project. During that low tide I was able to steal away and make some shots. I made a small crop from the bottom, otherwise this is full frame.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Zablotny on 12/17/17 at 09:32 am EST    
Registered on 01/17/04, 705 Posts, 3594 Comments

Hi Igor,

Very nice frame filling shot of this anemone.  Fairly crisp and you were able to shoot this one without picking up any stray reflections from the surface of the water. I would darken the light gray areas near the lh bottom corner  as my only suggested edit.  Good job on getting this capture......................Jim

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Zablotny Gallery of Jim Zablotny

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 12/17/17 at 12:50 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

The details and colors in this are wonderful, Igor.  The crop fits the anemone very well.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Balan Vinod on 12/18/17 at 04:45 am EST    
Registered on 03/20/06, 889 Posts, 2312 Comments

Igor ..lovely image..beautiful color scheme all over ...fine find

Balan Vinod

Balan Vinod
http://balanvinod.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Balan Vinod Gallery of Balan Vinod

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Yun Gao on 12/19/17 at 12:44 am EST    
Registered on 09/11/12, 267 Posts, 1621 Comments

Beautiful crispness and colors. Nice capture.

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Yun Gao Gallery of Yun Gao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 12/25/17 at 5:06 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

Excellent find, Igor.  I like hte tight framing for this subject, and you have plenty of dof to capture all the neat details.  The only thing I can suggest is to maybe give it a bit more brightness and contrast to make it pop more.

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership