Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Beautiful Day
Photo posted by Harry Lichtman in the Landscape gallery on 12/04/17 at 07:35 am EST
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Just listening to the U2 song by the same name, couldn't come up with anything more original so that's the title for now.  Another image from the Tetons using the Snake River and grasses.  Hopefully these aren't getting too redundant - trying to post those with dramatically different lighting as the compositions are very similar, as it seemed to work best for me.  Each morning and evening I would drive by the view on my way to / from my campsite and assess the possibility of interesting lighting.  Really liked the balance in this image, with the clouds hovering above the Grand.  A single exposure cropped to a 4 x 5 ish format.  I was struck how different the mountains and foliage looked in my different images depending on the sun angle and clouds on the different days, which was why I didn't get that bored returning to similar compositions over the days.

810D, f16, 1/10 sec., ISO 100, 26mm

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Matt Anderson on 12/04/17 at 1:50 pm EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 346 Posts, 2696 Comments

A real beauty Harry ! Well done.

My Website My Instagram  My Facebook 500px 

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Matt Anderson Gallery of Matt Anderson

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 12/04/17 at 2:25 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

A beautiful grand landscape image. The clouds settled in the perfect spot for you in this scene. I find the large version to be particularly valuable here. The fine beauty of the foreground grasses show themselves particularly well in that version where there is greater tonal separation. BTW, there is no crunchiness here that I can detect. So whatever you're doing - it's working. This isn't a very unique composition but it is a beautiful scene.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 12/04/17 at 4:13 pm EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Thanks Matt
Igor - I have been using TK web sharpening actions at about 50% full strength for sharpening on web and seems to look better here.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 12/04/17 at 7:18 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Grand view indeed.  The Tetons are very majestic and I never get tired of seeing them and their many moods.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Shirley Freeman on 12/04/17 at 8:27 pm EST    
Registered on 05/27/17, 77 Posts, 844 Comments

Gorgeous, Harry!  Wonderful light and reflections. 

Shirley Freeman
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
www.freemansphotos.com

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Shirley Freeman Gallery of Shirley Freeman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 12/05/17 at 11:36 am EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

A beautiful day and a beautiful scene, Harry. Really nice!! cool

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 12/05/17 at 12:08 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Harry,

Classic, and perfectly composed image from here.  Everything has come together and all the elements add to the overall composition - including the grasses up front, opening up for the beautiful reflection, the lineup of autumn color and evergreens, then on to the glorious mountain range and perfectly complimentary sky and clouds. Check, check, check, and check.

Would be proud to have this in my portfolio.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 12/05/17 at 4:35 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

The lighting on the Tetons is what makes this special, Harry.  Your comp. with the grasses and reflection have a strong sense of "classic" that works well.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 12/06/17 at 12:54 am EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

This is excellent, Harry.  Never get tired of seeing these guys.  Comp is spot on.  This is a fitting trophy to have.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership