Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Mini-Me Landscape
Photo posted by Lon Overacker in the Landscape gallery on 11/26/17 at 4:27 pm EST
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Thanks all for your comments, suggestions and observations on my reflection images.

Still posting in chronological order and after spending a couple of hours at this location, Kyle and I headed back to the car. It was time to check in at the campground and meet up with Harley.  Sure seems like it's been a full day already.  It's a short walk back to the car. Along the way to and from the river, the path this year was significantly altered by a fallen pine tree. It's a rather large tree so one had to walk the length of the tree towards it's top so we could more easily step over it.  It was at this juncture that I spied this mini landscape.  I was attracted to the seemingly perfect arrangement of wild rose leaves, pine needles and the weathered/burnt trunk of the fallen tree.  Again, simple, yet so beautifully designed by mother nature.

Thanks for any comments, critiques or suggestions. This is a 4-image focus stack

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 11/26/17 at 7:05 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

My son likes this image, and he's verrrry picky. It's really a wonderful simple composition that's well balanced. The tone variability is rich and the splashes of color are vibrant. A combination of lines and shapes that hang well together. I thought it was poison oak at first but then remembered that those stems scratch you all up when you walk through the brush. A really fine image. I have no suggestions. I probably would have removed that vertical green pine needle dead center if I had seen it on the screen but it's usually hard to notice these minor things in the field.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 11/26/17 at 8:06 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Real nice intimate, Lon. Colors look rich but not over the top. Very picky, but I might clone the triangular dark thing center toward the bottom. It can be tough to get back to the car at times, with so many nice distractions!

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 11/27/17 at 6:42 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

A close look, classic, Lon, with a fine mix of strawberry leaves and pine needles.  That one stem and prominent leaf heading toward the top give this a fine balance.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Anil Rao on 11/28/17 at 05:18 am EST    
Registered on 11/15/03, 234 Posts, 4923 Comments

This is an extremely well made photograph. The composition is so compelling .. it really draws me in. I have been staring at this image for well over 10 minutes and I don't think I can have enough of it. Very well done, Lon.

Anil Rao

Santa Clara, California

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Anil Rao Gallery of Anil Rao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dave Dillemuth on 11/28/17 at 12:08 pm EST    
Registered on 12/10/15, 104 Posts, 1112 Comments

You are the master of forest floor details. This is well composed and the yellow-greens of the leaves contrast beautifully against the background litter. Processing looks great. Sort of image that needs to be viewed large to truly appreciate.

Dave Dillemuth
Santa Barbara, California
davedillemuthphotography.smugmug.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Dillemuth Gallery of Dave Dillemuth

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 11/29/17 at 01:45 am EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

At first glance, I was not moved, which is very unusual for one of images.  The large view really brought this to life.  The textures, colors and comp all come together very nicely.  I envy your ability to find these hidden gems.  The only thing I can suggest is to clone the little green tip about 3/8 in from the left bottom.  So minor, hardly worth the mention.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership