Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Acadia Embers
Photo posted by Harry Lichtman in the Landscape gallery on 11/22/17 at 4:35 pm EST
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments
Post last edited by Harry Lichtman on 11/22/17 at 5:51 pm EST

Large Version Included

A final summit view from Cadillac Mountain during sunrise.  While my previous post from here was mostly foliage, I liked the pink granite and wanted to include in an image if possible.  Thought this was a nice mix of flaming blueberry bushes and the granite angling through the image with a nice splash of lichen to top it off.  I like the sky/cloud comp better in this than the previous image.

2 exposures for dynamic range, ISO 400 (windy), f16, 16mm.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 11/22/17 at 4:48 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

I like the dark corner. I don't know why but I do. I think you've gone too far with the reds in this image. Would like to see them darker. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Reno DiTullio on 11/22/17 at 5:00 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 130 Posts, 1644 Comments

Love it, Harry, but I agree with Igor, the reds seem a little hot, gorgeous though.

Reno - Salinas, CA

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Reno DiTullio Gallery of Reno DiTullio

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Williams on 11/22/17 at 7:19 pm EST    
Registered on 12/28/10, 636 Posts, 3499 Comments
Comment last edited by Ed Williams on 11/22/17 at 7:20 pm EST

This is absolutely stunning Harry. I love all of it. The sky, the granite, the blueberries especially. Fantastic lighting and colors without overdoing any of it, some like it hot.... Thank you for sharing this work of art.

Ed Williams
www.chasindaylight.com
La Habra, CA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Williams Gallery of Ed Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Vance Gese on 11/22/17 at 7:53 pm EST    
Registered on 11/13/08, 298 Posts, 6629 Comments

Gorgeous image, Harry. Love the reds of the blueberry woven about the rock, complementing the golds in the distant sky.  An outstanding image in my opinion.

Vance Gese
Vance Gese Photography
Quilcene, Washington
I was merely there, a small, puny, awestruck man,
praising Almighty God, with camera in hand.

Make a few images, well.

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Vance Gese Gallery of Vance Gese

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dan Kearl on 11/23/17 at 10:32 am EST    
Registered on 09/02/13, 209 Posts, 1514 Comments

The best one yet for me.  Colors are outstanding and I like the diagonal flow of the rock that curves to the seascape.
Very nice.

Dan Kearl

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dan Kearl Gallery of Dan Kearl

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ryan Kimball on 11/23/17 at 12:26 pm EST    
Registered on 08/14/17, 11 Posts, 34 Comments

I really like the composition here. It does seem like there is a heavy orton style glow on the image that could be dialed back a bit. The reds do seem a little hot.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ryan Kimball Gallery of Ryan Kimball

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kah Kit Yoong on 11/23/17 at 8:51 pm EST    
Registered on 09/27/06, 636 Posts, 10682 Comments

Loving the colours and the eye being drawn out to the coast on the horizon. The reds look really sweet, bit I'm not familiar enough with these plants to comment on how authentic their vividness is.

Landscape and M&N Gallery Moderator
Melbourne, Australia
Blog : [url]http://www.magichourunplugged.com/[/url]

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kah Kit Yoong Gallery of Kah Kit Yoong

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dave Hutchison on 11/24/17 at 12:10 pm EST    
Registered on 11/10/17, 3 Posts, 22 Comments

Well done Harry.  My only suggestion is to consider removing the little tree almost in the centre of the image.  Thanks for sharing.

Dave Hutchison Images
Image Quest Photo Tours
Sidney, BC Canada
www.davehutchison.ca

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Hutchison Gallery of Dave Hutchison

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 11/24/17 at 2:31 pm EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Thanks for the observations folks.
Ka Kit - The bush color is accurate - I increased the luminosity / brightness of them - especially the near ones to reflect the ambient back lit conditions I could see.  The color would look more like this once the sun rose, but I chose to accent and highlight the near blueberry bushes here.

Dave - Removing the tree more than I am comfortable doing in post.  It is the same tree in my prior post from the summit.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 11/24/17 at 2:40 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Harry, this is just plain gorgeous.  Love the composition - my comment here is how I think the red foliage "cups" not only the granite, but the distant view as well; excellent comp!

I really like the colors, but like Kah Kit can't really speak to the reality since I'm not familiar with the place, wild blueberry plants and the conditions - I wasn't there.  But for me, I still love and appreciate the beauty you've captured and presented here.

Breathtaking actually.

Lon

ps. Looks like you've got your sharpening dialed in now.

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 11/25/17 at 3:47 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Another beautiful scene, but I would agree with the other comments about the reds, First thing I thought of when I opened it up. Those plants draw my attention and pretty much lock it there. But based on your comments, sounds like that is what it looked like in the field. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership