Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Tidepooling Pigeon Pt +1
Photo posted by Igor Doncov in the Man & Nature gallery on 11/21/17 at 1:55 pm EST
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments
Post last edited by Donna Erhardt on 12/02/17 at 4:42 pm EST

This image was taken at the tide pools below the Pigeon Point lighthouse, CA during a minus tide. My son had a high school project in marine biology and this was chosen as a study area. The light on the coast can be extraordinary during mornings until the sun becomes strong. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Gavin on 11/21/17 at 7:22 pm EST    
Registered on 08/14/08, 293 Posts, 1250 Comments
Comment last edited by Jim Gavin on 11/21/17 at 7:23 pm EST

I love the soft light and composition. Quite a beautiful image. A very small nit: it appears to slant a bit to the right. When the sun became strong, did you take any close up photos of the very colorful kelp?

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Gavin Gallery of Jim Gavin

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 11/21/17 at 8:25 pm EST    

No kelp shots, but did shoot this anemone.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 11/21/17 at 8:34 pm EST    

Lots of kelp from which to choose. This is me finding the above anemone prior to making the shot.

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kah Kit Yoong on 11/22/17 at 12:43 am EST    
Registered on 09/27/06, 636 Posts, 10682 Comments

Looks like a fascinating place to explore. The slight sea mist and muted colour tones work well to give some atmosphere. Seems a bit tilted to the right, most obvious through the leaning lighthouse.

Landscape and M&N Gallery Moderator
Melbourne, Australia
Blog : [url]http://www.magichourunplugged.com/[/url]

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kah Kit Yoong Gallery of Kah Kit Yoong

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Silvia Richter on 11/22/17 at 03:32 am EST    
Registered on 02/27/11, 18 Posts, 167 Comments

This one is just my cup of tea, Igor. Especially the foreground details make it a story teller for me. I also appreciate your treatment of colors as well as the tonal matching between the sky and the water.

One only minor suggestion: I think the horizon is not level and therefore the lighthouse tilted to the right. A slight rotation would fix ít.

Thanks for sharing this transient moment.

Silvia

Silvia Richter
Vienna, Austria

All Photos and Comments by Silvia Richter

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by SandyRichardsBrown on 12/03/17 at 4:25 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/03, 3937 Posts, 12909 Comments

Beautiful, soft light. I agree that it needs a tiny bit of CCW rotation. 
Nice WP!

Sandy

Sandy Richards-Brown, NPN #0367
Brookings, Oregon (summer/fall) and Sedona, Arizona (winter/spring)   
PNW and RMNP  Regional Member 
NATURE'S MAJESTY IMAGING
http://naturesmajestyimaging.zenfolio.com/

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
Each little flower that opens, Each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings."

- Ce­cil F. Al­ex­an­der, Hymns for Lit­tle Child­ren, 1848, Ireland

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by SandyRichardsBrown Gallery of SandyRichardsBrown

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership