Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

A Different Take + repost
Photo posted by Ed Lowe in the Landscape gallery on 11/10/17 at 9:48 pm EST
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments
Post last edited by Ed Lowe on 11/12/17 at 2:01 pm EST

Nikon D800
Nikon 80-200 @ 145 mm
f 16 @ 1/6 sec.
ISO 200
MLU
cable release & tripod
Acadia NP, ME

This is a different take on The Tarn. After a day in the sixties the temps dipped into the low thirties during the night and created some lovely mist hovering over some sections of The Tarn. We arrived early enough to catch some of the mist before the temperatures warmed up and the mist dissipated. 

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion,

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Stephen Stanton on 11/11/17 at 02:36 am EST    
Registered on 03/01/15, 54 Posts, 453 Comments

Ed this fine...the clumps of marsh grass could be clouds. The image has a nice floating and airy feel ,especially the impressionistic background. Nice foreground form and detail from the grasses...nice work on bringing out some subtle tones of the grasses. I would be tempted to see what it might be with a left frame crop to the darker color reflection...might balance a bit differently and give a slightly different feel, emphasizing the rounded  shapes a bit more. Nice image,        

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Stephen Stanton Gallery of Stephen Stanton

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 11/11/17 at 09:52 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

This is sweet. Love the layering, depth of the image and the dreamy mood created by the mist. I like this a lot. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 11/11/17 at 1:23 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Ed,

Oh my, this is beautiful and dreamy (Harley stole my word.)  The mist of course provides that mood and dreaminess.  But you also did an excellent job seeing this broader view. It helps us see the huge potential this place offers and how well you've captured it in so many different ways.

Your processing; the color and luminosity are just wonderful here..

The only suggestion I can offer would be an alternate crop.  Alternates to me are corrections or necessarily improvements, but just different ways to carve up the same scene.  I'm thinking of a crop up from the bottom to exclude that dark area LLC could create a pleasing pano view that brings out the mist and background a bit more.  I wouldn't want to lose the lilies and a crop near the top of the darkest greens (may involve cloning out the tips of some grass stalks in that corner.)  

But honestly, I love this as presented.  Just a beautiful image. And I'm not tiring of these either; just soaking 'em up.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dave Dillemuth on 11/11/17 at 2:47 pm EST    
Registered on 12/10/15, 104 Posts, 1112 Comments

Wonderful, Ed. Beautiful textures, patterns and delicate colors. The mist adds some great mood and accentuates the watercolor look. I can't get enough of these images.

Dave Dillemuth
Santa Barbara, California
davedillemuthphotography.smugmug.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Dillemuth Gallery of Dave Dillemuth

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Zablotny on 11/11/17 at 4:59 pm EST    
Registered on 01/17/04, 705 Posts, 3594 Comments

Hi Ed,

There's a nice transition from soft and bright to darker and colorful from back to front.  The mist looks good and looks like the resulting shot has rewarded you with an excellent shot...........................Jim

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Zablotny Gallery of Jim Zablotny

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 11/11/17 at 7:17 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

This image has that quiet  peaceful feel that works very well.  Kinda just makes me say "ahhhhhh".  Beautiful Ed.  I love the hints of fall colors in the reflections here and there.  Really well done.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 11/11/17 at 10:51 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

Another beauty, Ed. This has a pleasing, dreamy quality to it. Tend to agree with Lon about the crop. All the amazing stuff is happening up top.devil

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 11/12/17 at 12:42 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

All the amazing stuff is happening up top.

Very true. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 11/12/17 at 1:59 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments
Comment last edited by Ed Lowe on 11/12/17 at 2:00 pm EST

Thanks for your thoughts everyone; they are always appreciated. Here is a repost with the crop suggestion from Stephen, Lon and Mike. What do you think?

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Anil Rao on 11/13/17 at 1:17 pm EST    
Registered on 11/15/03, 234 Posts, 4923 Comments

What a gorgeous photograph. Show off the beauty of the tiny slice of nature in such a profound manner. It's the quiet images, such as this one, that have the most to say, in my humble opinion.

Anil Rao

Santa Clara, California

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Anil Rao Gallery of Anil Rao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 11/13/17 at 10:22 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Repost for me Ed - nails it.  thanks for taking the time.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership