Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Nubble Light @ Sunset + repost
Photo posted by Ed Lowe in the Man & Nature gallery on 10/26/17 at 9:13 pm EST
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments
Post last edited by Jim Erhardt on 11/06/17 at 5:25 pm EST

Nikon D800
Nikon 17-35 @ 25mm
f 18 @ 1 sec.
ISO 200
cable release & tripod

Mike and I always plan our Acadia trips with a stopover at Nubble Light hoping to catch a nice sunset or sunrise the following morning before the final leg of our trip back to MD. The last several years we have been witness to blue bird skies and no wave action. This year we finally got a break and had a beautiful sunset to compliment the incoming tide. Our luck did not hold out as we got that blue bird sunrise the following morning and did not even bother to stop.

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 10/27/17 at 6:52 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

This is sweet, Ed. Great drama in the sky combined with the FG rocks and crashing waves add up to a great picture. I think I would dodge in the rocks IMHO.devil

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Don Young on 10/27/17 at 7:09 pm EST    
Registered on 04/23/15, 56 Posts, 224 Comments

Ed, it all comes together in this image!  The detail and colors are great.  The only small nit that I have is that the width seems a little cramped.  All in all, a very nice job!

All Photos and Comments by Don Young

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 10/27/17 at 10:13 pm EST    
Comment last edited by Ed Lowe on 10/28/17 at 09:04 am EST

Thanks for your thoughts Mike and Don; always appreciated. Here is a repost with my brother's suggestions. The dodging brought out some nice highlights of color in the waves.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 10/29/17 at 01:01 am EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Wonderful sky and foreground action Ed.  I am sure both places were a madhouse. 

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 10/30/17 at 2:45 pm EST    

Thanks for your thoughts, Eva. We were surprised that the parking lot was not overflowing as we got there 20 minutes before sunset and were able to drive right in a snag a spot with no trouble. Mike and I went down over the rocks to the water's edge and had no one within 50' of us. Most of the people stayed along the edge of the parking area.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Wayne Jones on 10/30/17 at 7:28 pm EST    
Registered on 04/18/07, 953 Posts, 6435 Comments

Nice "alternative" view of the light, Ed, and the repost is even better.  I like the action that your low view of the foreground adds here.  Light like this makes all those other stops worth it.

Wayne Jones
Upstate New York

The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the composer; but when the last individual of a race of living beings breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again. William Beebe, 1906

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Wayne Jones Gallery of Wayne Jones

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 11/07/17 at 2:35 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

Congrats on the WP.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership