Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Autumn on Beaver Pond
Photo posted by Eva McDermott in the Landscape gallery on 10/21/17 at 9:28 pm EST
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Autumn on the beaver pond near Woodlock Park in Atkinson, NH.  Taken on a dog walk with Smokey and my husband Joe.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 10/22/17 at 5:34 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Eva,

A beautiful autumn scene - I'm really loving the back lighting here. That always gives the autumn leaves that beautiful glow.  I also like the framing of the small trees and branches.  The trees aren't so big that they obstruct the pond, reflection, sky and autumn color.

The only suggestion I have would have to do with the foreground/shore.  Perhaps a slight burning of the shoreline, but for me alternatively you might consider cropping the ground out entirely. For me, the image is all about the back lighting and the beautiful autumn colors.  I also like the blues repeated top and bottom.

Colors and processing look great.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 10/24/17 at 6:54 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

A wonderful fall scene, Eva. The light and colors are beautiful. I think I like this even better by cropping the entire foreground out so there is only water and the trees. 

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 10/25/17 at 01:18 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

I like the vegetation at the bottom. I'm a little surprised about comments cropping it out. The only thing I can imagine is that it's the brightest area in the image and is drawing focus from the main subjects. Perhaps lowering the exposure on the shoreline would help.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership