Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Last Cosmos
Photo posted by Albert Darmo in the Flora gallery on 10/08/17 at 12:16 pm EST
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

A late  bloomer,     the last  cosmos from  my  garden ..    comments appreciated

D600       150  sigma  macro        f/9     1./80  sec.  iso 500     tripod

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nathan Buck on 10/10/17 at 01:06 am EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 1101 Posts, 13589 Comments

Nice focus on the center Albert, and nice BG.  I wonder about rotating it 180 degrees - just might feel more natural to me.  A nice portrait overall.

Nathan

Nathan Buck
Lehi, UT, USA
NPN 1118

Brutal honesty encouraged and appreciated in critiquing! Thank you.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nathan Buck Gallery of Nathan Buck

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Giuseppe Guadagno on 10/11/17 at 06:34 am EST    
Registered on 02/03/07, 827 Posts, 5052 Comments

Yes Albert, cosmos are still in bloom here too. I love your portrait of this perfect specimen and its warm representation with a beautiful soft BG.

Gigi

I never stop going out in search of the beautiful picture that - for my great luck - I will never take.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Giuseppe Guadagno Gallery of Giuseppe Guadagno

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Philip Hodgkins on 10/11/17 at 9:12 pm EST    
Registered on 07/24/06, 2741 Posts, 12349 Comments

Love the Cosmos! The BG I could like better if the luminance were cut back a bit, or perhaps darkening the midtones with levels.

Phil Hodgkins
Savannah, Georgia
NPN # 1998
Flora Gallery Co-moderator

“The task is...not so much to see what no one has yet seen; but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees.”
― Erwin Schrödinger

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Philip Hodgkins Gallery of Philip Hodgkins

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Steve Kennedy on 10/19/17 at 12:35 am EST    
Registered on 03/09/09, 79 Posts, 676 Comments

Hi Albert!  Beautiful bloom!  The light and details are great.  The light spots in the background are a bit distracting but the quality of the bloom in the image is excellent.

Steve Kennedy
Maple Valley, WA
PNWNP Moderator

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Steve Kennedy Gallery of Steve Kennedy

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership