Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

After the Winter Rains
Photo posted by Igor Doncov in the Man & Nature gallery on 10/05/17 at 7:28 pm EST
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

These yellow flowers form carpets in Central California after the winter rains. It's something everyone in our area looks forward to as they bring so much color and joy. The farm roads are usually still too wet at this time so the work doesn't start until a bit later. I would be interested in your opinion on how to improve this.

Canon 6D, 24-105@105mm, f/6.3, ISO 100, 1/200 sec, tripod

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Gavin on 10/06/17 at 8:43 pm EST    
Registered on 08/14/08, 293 Posts, 1250 Comments

I'm surprised there are no comments on this image. Not only is it a fine image, but also it represents nature's wonderful way of responding to itself. "I'll make it rain and then cause all that green foliage to bloom in profusion." Improvement?  Perhaps remove the dark spot (boat, bird ?) in water in upper right.

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Gavin Gallery of Jim Gavin

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 10/06/17 at 9:14 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Heh. On a calm day like that, that's likely a boat. There's reef right in front of this field where you can catch rockfish.

BTW, those yellow flowers are buttercups.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Silvia Richter on 11/19/17 at 04:56 am EST    
Registered on 02/27/11, 18 Posts, 167 Comments

Igor, the inclusion of the farm road invites me to explore this landscape. The interplay of the bare twigs at the left and the bright blossom really tells the story for me.

As you ask for a suggestion - maybe cropping the dark spots in the meadow at the right?

Silvia

Silvia Richter
Vienna, Austria

All Photos and Comments by Silvia Richter

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership