Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Backlit Bass Leaf
Photo posted by Albert Darmo in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 09/09/17 at 6:13 pm EST
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

I  was amazed at  the beauty  of  the details  of  the  basswood  leaf ...   taken indoors.        comments appreciated

D600  150 macro.    f/20         1.3  sec...   iso  320 ...  tripod

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paul Breitkreuz on 09/09/17 at 7:36 pm EST    
Registered on 02/25/06, 525 Posts, 8448 Comments

Very different one here, Albert.......Nicely done........laugh Maybe just a bit more DOF on the FG area, but still will make a neat print IMO.....I like it.....enlightened

Paul Breitkreuz
Corona, California
Trailimages.com
NPN 2326

"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paul Breitkreuz Gallery of Paul Breitkreuz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dan Schwartz on 09/09/17 at 9:44 pm EST    
Registered on 09/29/16, 23 Posts, 97 Comments

Very nice abstract macro of this leaf. Agree about the dof, but not a major distraction to me.

Dan Schwartz
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”       ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dan Schwartz Gallery of Dan Schwartz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 09/10/17 at 09:43 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Albert, this image has both a good sense of flow and a great glow.  This looks very good as presented.  Since you used f/20, there not much more to be gained in dof.  It would need a 2 or 3 image stack to get the stem sharp.  How quickly we get spoiled by new technology...

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 09/10/17 at 7:10 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

Lovely, Albert.  The lighting is excellent and I really like all the details.  I'll have to work on this kind of image once the leaves start coming down this fall.

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership