Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

North Slope Road & Pipe
Photo posted by Igor Doncov in the Man & Nature gallery on 08/17/17 at 3:53 pm EST
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

This image was taken of the Alaskan pipeline as it descends from Atigun Pass. I set the camera to emphasize the dramatic sunlight and shadows across the scene. The actual scene was probably a bit brighter than this but this is how I decided to interpret it that morning.

Canon 6d, 24-105@50mm, f/5.6, 1/2000 sec, iso 640, hand held.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ryan Kimball on 08/17/17 at 4:26 pm EST    
Registered on 08/14/17, 11 Posts, 34 Comments

This is fantastic. I work In Prudhoe  Bay Alaska and am actually there now. Ive never been through the pass though I have always flown to and from. I'd love to make the trip one of these days. I love the dappled light coming through the clouds. Such a remote place.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ryan Kimball Gallery of Ryan Kimball

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 08/17/17 at 4:30 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Too bad we didn't hook up last summer. My son and I were looking for big grayling and arctic char. We never did find the char but had some decent grayling fishing at two of the rivers. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 08/18/17 at 7:10 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Igor, I agree with Ryan...This is wonderful. You captured a great view and a very interesting one as well, and you did it with some fantastic conditions. Great job with this.. I love it!

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 08/20/17 at 1:43 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

Really nice light on this image with a wonderful sky.  Well composed with leading lines and good diagonals.

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ana on 08/27/17 at 9:20 pm EST    
Registered on 02/10/04, 191 Posts, 1446 Comments

The light was cooperating with you on this one -- great broken sky with those patches of sun on the land.  And even though I suspect that's road dust and not mist, it adds a nice touch.  

I'd love to see more of your images from this area.  I took one of those drive/fly tours to Prudhoe Bay last year and it would be neat to go back and just poke around.  Too chicken to drive alone though; I keep thinking how much it would cost if I had to get a tow out of there.  0.0

--Ana

All Photos and Comments by Ana

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership