Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Leopard Etching
Photo posted by Ian Cameron in the Photo Art gallery on 08/10/17 at 1:14 pm EST
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments
Post last edited by Jim Erhardt on 08/19/17 at 10:42 am EST

Chobe, Botswana, Africa

Another of my stylised animal images that I find so pleasing.  This was one very chilled leopard.  The first I have ever seen and beautifully lit sitting in the crook of an old camel thorn tree at sunset.  At one stage he was out cold, eyes shut and legs akimbo such that he completely straddled the branch with all four legs and tail hanging down.  Thankfully he did at least wake up for a few seconds so I snatched this one image.  Hope you like the artistic treatment. 

Fuji XT-1, 55-200 zoom, f/5.6 at 1/1000 second, ISO1000.  Image converted to black and white in channels and thereafter Threshold  in PS5 applied to render as an extreme contrast black and white.

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership