Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Enchinacea & Guest
Photo posted by Albert Darmo in the Macro & Close-up gallery on 07/31/17 at 6:28 pm EST
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments
Post last edited by Albert Darmo on 07/31/17 at 7:36 pm EST

Finally     butterflys  land  on  my flowers..   Mark,!!!  whats  the name of this species ?  looks  like a monarch     comments appreciated

D600  150 macro     f/8       1/320  sec ...    iso 500   tripod

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Shirley Freeman on 07/31/17 at 8:21 pm EST    
Registered on 05/27/17, 77 Posts, 844 Comments

It is beautiful, Albert.  Wonderful detail and color in the butterfly.  Great composition.  The background on my monitor seems a bit bright, almost like it is over saturated.  Might just be me. 

Shirley Freeman
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
www.freemansphotos.com

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Shirley Freeman Gallery of Shirley Freeman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Zablotny on 07/31/17 at 9:54 pm EST    
Registered on 01/17/04, 705 Posts, 3594 Comments

Hi Albert,

Yes this is a monarch photographed under challenging light.  You can do an adjustment layer and use Shadows & Highlights to reduce the shadow of the butterfly.  The BG is bright and heavy with saturation.  For an improved composition--shoot vertical next time  to get that flower in the frame as well.Good attempt at capturing this monarch...............................Jim

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Zablotny Gallery of Jim Zablotny

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Yun Gao on 08/01/17 at 12:18 am EST    
Registered on 09/11/12, 267 Posts, 1621 Comments

Albert, beautiful colors in the butterfly, clean background. Perhaps crop a bit on three sides ?

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Yun Gao Gallery of Yun Gao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Balan Vinod on 08/01/17 at 06:20 am EST    
Registered on 03/20/06, 889 Posts, 2312 Comments

Classic bf image Albert with a fine bg. Its difficult to get an image of this beautify under the challenging lighting conditions. Very well done

Balan Vinod

Balan Vinod
http://balanvinod.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Balan Vinod Gallery of Balan Vinod

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 08/01/17 at 09:25 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

The Monarch's arrived here in Maryland last week, Albert and I've been chasing them regularly.  The ones around here seem pretty flighty, although if I sit next to a flower, they'll come back after a few minutes.  This is a fine look at this one sitting on your echinacea against that fine green background.  The highlights on the bf's wing are a nice extra.  Cropping this to a vertical (or shooting as a vertical) would be good also.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Philip Hodgkins on 08/01/17 at 3:50 pm EST    
Registered on 07/24/06, 2741 Posts, 12349 Comments

Definitely a Monarch. Jim's advice is sound.

Phil Hodgkins
Savannah, Georgia
NPN # 1998
Flora Gallery Co-moderator

“The task is...not so much to see what no one has yet seen; but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees.”
― Erwin Schrödinger

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Philip Hodgkins Gallery of Philip Hodgkins

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership