Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

River Sunrise
Photo posted by Nick Bristol in the Landscape gallery on 07/30/17 at 11:24 am EST
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments
Post last edited by Nick Bristol on 07/30/17 at 2:13 pm EST

This is a new picture I just made a couple of days ago. I was out at 5 in the morning and although dark I could tell there were clouds and had the feeling it could be a nice sunrise. I headed down to the Wisconsin River just a couple of miles from my home and waited. It turned out to be a beautiful sunrise and it was just wonderful being there having a cup of coffee and waiting for the color to start. Good times! Larger view included.
Canon 5D3, 16-35 F/4 L, ISO 100, F/14, 4 seconds with 6 stop ND.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 07/30/17 at 3:03 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

Coffee must have tasted good on such a nice morning. The "look" of the water from the grad is what really makes this image for me.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 07/30/17 at 6:10 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

Nick, this is beautiful!  The quality of light with the soft warm / cool tones, especially in the reflection, really make a lovely combination.  The V-shape formed by the clouds makes for a nice compositional element as well.  Have I mentioned I really like that reflection?!?  sad

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 07/31/17 at 07:27 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Glorious sunrise, Nick. Nice work with ND and the long ss to balance the exposure and soften the river. It brought out a beautiful reflection. No nits or suggestions from me. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 07/31/17 at 4:12 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

This is the epitome of quiet beauty, Nick.  Love it.  The ND really evened out and softened everything.  Sweet image.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 08/01/17 at 5:15 pm EST    

Thanks guys for taking time to comment. Glad you liked it. The 6 stop ND and 4 sec exp made all the difference in the water here and I quite liked it. The same shot without it isn't anywhere near as nice. Thanks! Nick

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Anil Rao on 08/02/17 at 02:12 am EST    
Registered on 11/15/03, 234 Posts, 4923 Comments

Hi Nick,

You continue to create magic from your local landscape, as this photo clearly demonstrates. I suppose I can attribute this to both familiarity and a keen and sensitive eye. 

The subtle beauty of the land has been portrayed to perfection ... No gimmicks such as exaggerated perspectives or blazing color, which is a real blessing IMHO. Nature is speaking though you image ...

Anil Rao

Santa Clara, California

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Anil Rao Gallery of Anil Rao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Don Young on 08/02/17 at 09:06 am EST    
Registered on 04/23/15, 56 Posts, 224 Comments

Nick, this is a fantastic image!  Great composition, color, detail and reflections.

All Photos and Comments by Don Young

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Williams on 08/05/17 at 12:12 am EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 221 Posts, 5985 Comments

A peaceful moment with beautiful light. I can just imagine how good the coffee was!

John Williams
www.tranquilviews.com
Battle Ground, WA
I often have wandered in deep contemplation, It seems that the mind runs wild when you're all alone. -John Denver

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Williams Gallery of John Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 08/05/17 at 3:46 pm EST    

Anil, Don and John, Thanks guys! It was a wonderful morning...and yes, the coffee tasted great. Quite relaxing this morning was. Nick

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership