Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Driveway in the Fog
Photo posted by Nick Bristol in the Man & Nature gallery on 07/26/17 at 4:23 pm EST
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

A picture I made the other day on another foggy morning near my home. I so much enjoy being out shooting on mornings like this one. I also did this in b&w but decided to post the color version. Thanks for any thoughts and for all of your comments on my last post. Nick
Canon 5D3, 24-105L @40mm, ISO 200, F/16 and 3.2 seconds.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Philip Hodgkins on 07/26/17 at 7:45 pm EST    
Registered on 07/24/06, 2741 Posts, 12349 Comments

A well kept property. Fog always gives an impression of mystery.

Phil Hodgkins
Savannah, Georgia
NPN # 1998
Flora Gallery Co-moderator

“The task is...not so much to see what no one has yet seen; but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees.”
― Erwin Schrödinger

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Philip Hodgkins Gallery of Philip Hodgkins

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 07/26/17 at 8:13 pm EST    

Phil, Thanks! My wife's best friend lives down there on Long Lake and she takes great care of the property. I always enjoy what the fog can do to the landscape. Nick

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Stephen Stanton on 07/27/17 at 02:02 am EST    
Registered on 03/01/15, 54 Posts, 453 Comments

A well crafted image. The fog highlights drifting through, a nice diagonal line and the tree columns all work together.   The colors are very complimentary.  Was thinking about a crop on  the right side to lose the bright spot in the upper right, but would not want to eliminate the lower grass and fog...maybe just darken the area. Kind of a minor point though.   

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Stephen Stanton Gallery of Stephen Stanton

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 07/27/17 at 09:29 am EST    

Stephen, Thanks much! I agree with you after reading yur comment and will darken the bright area in the upper right a little bit. Thanks for mentioning it. Nick

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 07/27/17 at 12:05 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Another lovely, moody picture that invites me to be there.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 07/27/17 at 2:20 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

I really like what you crafted here in the quiet lovely scene, Nick. This has such a wonderful presence with the light fog and the tree lined lane as it recedes into the frame. My only suggestion would be the already mentioned URC. Beautifully done IMO.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Peter Richter on 07/28/17 at 01:42 am EST    
Registered on 11/10/10, 218 Posts, 2723 Comments

Nick, I really enjoy the plainness of your composition. You just invite me to walk along this path.

Peter

Peter Richter
Vienna, Austria

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Peter Richter Gallery of Peter Richter

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 07/29/17 at 6:11 pm EST    

Mark, Ed and Peter, Thanks guys! Something about this that I quite liked too. Glad you enjoyed it as well. 
Cheers, Nick

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership