Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Spring Bloom - Repost
Photo posted by Harry Lichtman in the Landscape gallery on 06/07/17 at 11:33 am EST
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments
Post last edited by Harry Lichtman on 06/09/17 at 8:12 pm EST

Large View Available

The mountain sides of NH looked a lot like fall foliage for a short period this spring as blossoms were emerging.  I looked for back or side lit hill sides for walls of color.  This view was taken during the afternoon atop Mount Major near the Lakes Region of NH.  A tiny mountain with some expansive views.  No web sharpening was applied, as it seems the detail in the image makes for a crunchy web image with any sharpening applied after size reduction.  So, the image was reduced in size.  Hope it looks ok, as all of the fine details are interesting when viewing the larger size.

D810, 80-400mm @ 400 mm, polarizing filter, ISO 64, 1/20th sec, f8

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 06/07/17 at 11:09 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

My kind of image, Harry. A wonderful array of colors, and I like being able to see lots of tree forms interspersed thru the image. Processing looks good to me. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 06/08/17 at 02:00 am EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Beautiful image Harry.  It does look like an autumn image in a way.  I love the color and detail.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 06/08/17 at 09:42 am EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

The large version is a real treat, Harry. The back lighting is perfect for showcasing all those wonderful details in the multi colored spring leaves. Gorgeous work.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 06/08/17 at 2:28 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

This is an interesting look at spring, Harry.  One could certainly pump the colors a bit and bring it even closer to fall.  I like the understated colors and the overall comp.  The lower left corner appears darker and I'm wondering if a very slight vignette, evenly applied, would give this a bit more pop and focus.  It could be me, but it feels like it could use a slight clockwise rotation.  Just minor suggestions, really nice image.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 06/09/17 at 6:44 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Very nice fall-looking spring colors. I like Gary's suggestions, the vignetting and the rotation.  But minor stuff, nice colorful image. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 06/09/17 at 8:11 pm EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Here is a slight vignette as recommended by Gary.  I do think it helps with the unevenness in brightness.  The left corner with the brighter trees seems to be a bigger eye pull than I previously thought - bothers me a bit, but I'm looking over some similar comps to see if there are any better images. Thanks.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership