Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Morning Stop
Photo posted by Igor Doncov in the Landscape gallery on 05/10/17 at 4:04 pm EST
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

For years during my morning commute to SF I always drove by this spot which had a highway shoulder for about 1 or 2 cars. As I recall, the earlier I got up the better the scene I witnessed when I reached this spot. This was likely shot with an iPhone6. 

I ran some noise reduction software on it. The 3 dark spots are ducks I believe. I could remove them if you think they weaken the image. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 05/10/17 at 4:25 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Igor, This is a very pretty scene with just a wonderful mood and I really like the conditions you captured here. I would probably remove the 3 dots just because it is hard to tell what they are. If I could tell they were ducks flying away then that would be pretty cool too. 
Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Don Young on 05/10/17 at 8:28 pm EST    
Registered on 04/23/15, 56 Posts, 224 Comments

Igor,
I have to agree with Nick's comment.  Beautiful!

All Photos and Comments by Don Young

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 05/10/17 at 9:59 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Beautiful, moody image, Igor. In addition to removing the three dots, I would crop a pinch off the left or clone out what look like protruding branch tips. Obviously, very minor stuff. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 05/11/17 at 10:06 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Igor, there's a fine sense of dawn's quietness here.  Your use of an iPhone supports my belief that it's not the camera, it's the operator and knowing what the camera can and can't do that make a good picture.  Your emphasis on the shapes of the foreground reeds works very well.  The "duck dots" should go.  

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 05/11/17 at 11:59 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful! Great serene mood to the image. I would lose the duck. Make a nice 30x40 print! No, wait. iPhone. Never mind..... :)

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 05/11/17 at 2:05 pm EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Yes,  would remove the ducks, raise more questions by a viewer. The mood is fantastic,  mysterious and uplifting. Pretty good for camera phone.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 05/11/17 at 11:18 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Igor,

Quiet, peaceful and glorious scene.  for me the black dots don't look like birds, and optical illusions aside, don't even look like they're on the water surface - AND they should be more obscured by the fog.  So to me, I'd get rid of 'em.

Beautiful scene, hard to fault you with the cell phone image as it's a little degraded in the full size.  But what the heck.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dan Kearl on 05/12/17 at 7:15 pm EST    
Registered on 09/02/13, 209 Posts, 1514 Comments

I would remove the ducks (too bad they are not closer).
Exceptional mood and the FG is about perfect.

Dan Kearl

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dan Kearl Gallery of Dan Kearl

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Williams on 05/14/17 at 10:55 am EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 221 Posts, 5985 Comments

Agreed Igor. This is really nice; a lovely mood and eye-pleasing. I too would clone the dots (it would have been awesome if they were closer!).

John Williams
www.tranquilviews.com
Battle Ground, WA
I often have wandered in deep contemplation, It seems that the mind runs wild when you're all alone. -John Denver

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Williams Gallery of John Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Albert Darmo on 05/14/17 at 3:18 pm EST    
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

Hi  Igor crying    The mood  and quality of light are  wonderfully captured  .  agree with Mark's  comment  about I Phone users.

Albert Darmo
Canada

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Anil Rao on 05/14/17 at 11:13 pm EST    
Registered on 11/15/03, 234 Posts, 4923 Comments

This is a marvelous scene. The fog adds a strong sense of mystery since it is not apparent what lies on the right side of the frame. I love the silhouetted foreground reeds and how they balance the land in the distance. There is some drama in the sky too and it works well with this composition.

Very nicely done, Igor.

Anil Rao

Santa Clara, California

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Anil Rao Gallery of Anil Rao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership