Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Let there be light
Photo posted by Albert Darmo in the Landscape gallery on 05/07/17 at 1:32 pm EST
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments
Post last edited by Albert Darmo on 05/07/17 at 1:33 pm EST

I posted  a  bigger  version of this scene  last  fall.  here  is  a similar   but  tighter   version...  the fog  was just  lifting, and  the sun  was  trying  to  get  through  the  fog.   comments appreciated

D600   17-35  f4    @  f/8      1/250  sec..  iso  200-   tripod.

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 05/07/17 at 4:05 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Albert,

I remember your earlier rendition (went and took another peek too.)  This is wonderful! Fanciful, magical... dancing fairies, fireflies dancing in the light.  No great structure or order in the tree itself, but it's all the tiny backlit, glowing leaves that really make this such a great and artful image.

I think like the broader view, the green grass detracts from the fanciful, airy look and feel to this scene.  I suppose there is room to crop, but personally I would consider desaturating the greens to come closer to matching the tonality and almost monochromatic nature of the scene.  Of course a personal preference and you may very well like the inclusion of the greens.  Regardless, I'm enjoying this one very much.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Chambers on 05/07/17 at 5:20 pm EST    
Registered on 04/10/05, 753 Posts, 21216 Comments

Masterful Albert.  The light reflecting off the leaves or whatever that is shimmers like jewels, and the graceful arc in the tree trunk just adds to the beauty.  This image works on so many levels.  Nicely seen and captured.

Bill Chambers
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Please visit Enchanted Light Photography

"You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Chambers Gallery of Bill Chambers

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Williams on 05/07/17 at 10:36 pm EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 221 Posts, 5985 Comments

My thoughts run similar to Lon's. I looked at the image and then read what he said, and it was pretty much what I was thinking. Did you happen to tilt up a bit to catch more of the light and less of the green? That would be another way to stick with the Fanciful that Lon describes. In all though, this is really good and those are nits only.

John Williams
www.tranquilviews.com
Battle Ground, WA
I often have wandered in deep contemplation, It seems that the mind runs wild when you're all alone. -John Denver

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Williams Gallery of John Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mattia Oliviero on 05/08/17 at 05:47 am EST    
Registered on 08/24/16, 43 Posts, 254 Comments

Great light, Albert. I like how you frame the tree. I also think that greens distract from the overall feeling of the image.

Mattia

Mattia Oliviero
Trento, Italy

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mattia Oliviero Gallery of Mattia Oliviero

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 05/08/17 at 4:28 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

I wish I could take these kind of shots, Albert. I just can't see them. Love this as is, but would probably crop a little off bottom.devil

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 05/09/17 at 06:52 am EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Impressive mood that you captured here.  Really dig it, especially the wet feel of the tree branches.  Might tone down/crop/clone out that small bright branch on the far left border.  Very well done and seen.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 05/09/17 at 5:17 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Albert, I'm really enjoying the look and feel you captured in this image. Great light, the conditions are wonderful and I like your comp. I agree with Harry about the small branch on the left edge but otherwise just a wonderful image. Nice work!

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 05/09/17 at 11:17 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

I love the light here as it sets the stage for all the lovely details in this beautiful image, Albert. Great eye to spot this composition and make some order out of a busy scene. My only suggestion would be to clone out that lighter toned branch a little more than half way on the left edge. This is lovely!

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Anil Rao on 05/10/17 at 04:20 am EST    
Registered on 11/15/03, 234 Posts, 4923 Comments

A glorious scene! The quality of light, combined with your choice of composition is a real winner. I love the range of  tones -- from dark to light -- that further enhances the interest level.

One of the best pictures I have seen on NPN in a very long time. Congratulations!

Anil Rao

Santa Clara, California

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Anil Rao Gallery of Anil Rao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 05/10/17 at 10:17 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful light and mood. Funny, before reading any comments, my first thought was to desaturate the greens. Then I read Lon's suggestions. I guess sick minds think alike. sad  It works quite nicely as presented but I think some tweaking will make it sing even more. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 05/14/17 at 1:41 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Nice work Albert. It took me a while to warm up to this image but now i'm on board. A strange thing though - the branches in the left center form a perfect circle. After I noticed it I just couldn't ignore it any longer. It was though I was compelled to look at it. On the other hand it's sort of intriguing and actually adds to the image perhaps.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership