Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Ceciles House Dawn
Photo posted by Ian Cameron in the Man & Nature gallery on 05/01/17 at 4:06 pm EST
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments
Post last edited by Donna Erhardt on 05/12/17 at 1:57 pm EST

Fain, Braemore Junction, Scotland

This just could be the finest image I have taken or in fact will take this year. Just about everything came together in this one shot to show off this rather shabby run down old house, that was so intensely disliked and reluctantly photographed by a very lovely French girl, Cecile on a previous Transient Light course. One of the shots I took of this house ended up being part of my winning portfolio in the Scottish Landscape Photographer of The Year, but in all honesty this surpasses that one by a good margin. For the briefest moment transient light was spawned as the sunrise found a tiny gap in the clouds and I watched blood red light race past the slope beyond the house until for the briefest moment it bisected it. A closer look reveals the tiny shape of a further ruined bothy beneath the pinkened peaks of An Teallach and even the trace of a rainbow. It's a while since I felt the electric thrill of the hairs on the back of my neck stand to attention at the sheer excitement of what I and the rest of my group witnessed.

New Photography workshops and masterclasses at TRANSIENT LIGHT.

Pentax 67 II ,90-180 zoom,Fujichrome Velvia
0.45ND Hard Grad, f/22 at 4 Seconds.

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Carol Nichols on 05/04/17 at 1:19 pm EST    
Registered on 11/07/07, 161 Posts, 1420 Comments

Absolutely gorgeous Ian.  You work is always amazing, but this image is truly special.

Carol Nichols
Florida

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Carol Nichols Gallery of Carol Nichols

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 05/04/17 at 6:12 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

I love the patch of red light which nicely balances the blue puddle in the foreground.  Wonderful stormy Scottish sky too Ian. 

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by SandyRichardsBrown on 05/05/17 at 07:00 am EST    
Registered on 11/24/03, 3937 Posts, 12909 Comments

Very painterly, with soft muted colours and exquisite light.
A very striking image, headed for a WP, imo.
Sandy

Sandy Richards-Brown, NPN #0367
Brookings, Oregon (summer/fall) and Sedona, Arizona (winter/spring)   
PNW and RMNP  Regional Member 
NATURE'S MAJESTY IMAGING
http://naturesmajestyimaging.zenfolio.com/

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
Each little flower that opens, Each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings."

- Ce­cil F. Al­ex­an­der, Hymns for Lit­tle Child­ren, 1848, Ireland

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by SandyRichardsBrown Gallery of SandyRichardsBrown

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 05/06/17 at 12:00 pm EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

Such lovely colors, an intriguing subject and perfect light! As usual!

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Snead on 05/08/17 at 10:06 am EST    
Registered on 04/06/17, 104 Posts, 397 Comments

Gorgeous color and detail in the grasses and soft painterly detail in the sky.  This is a true work of art

Kathy Snead
Golden, CO

http://KathySneadPhotography.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Snead Gallery of Kathy Snead

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by SandyRichardsBrown on 05/12/17 at 5:22 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/03, 3937 Posts, 12909 Comments

Exceptional WP!
Just beautiful -
Sandy

Sandy Richards-Brown, NPN #0367
Brookings, Oregon (summer/fall) and Sedona, Arizona (winter/spring)   
PNW and RMNP  Regional Member 
NATURE'S MAJESTY IMAGING
http://naturesmajestyimaging.zenfolio.com/

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
Each little flower that opens, Each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings."

- Ce­cil F. Al­ex­an­der, Hymns for Lit­tle Child­ren, 1848, Ireland

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by SandyRichardsBrown Gallery of SandyRichardsBrown

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership